Dried biosolids

Northbound

5 year old buck +
Anyone use dried biosolids for plot fertilizers? I was just getting a quote on lime from local quarry ($10.50/ ton) and he included this note

In case you are interested, we also have a dried biosolids product (similar to Milorganite). That would be direct shipped by the quad load for $38/ton. It has been used by a local farmer with excellent results.

Got me thinking as that's cheap if I can cover it with a large piece of rubber roofing to use over a few years time.

get the analysis of the stuff. you want to know N, P, K, ph, Moisture content, you want that dry, otherwise you are buying expensive water.

I would do it in a heartbeat. Several tons spread right out on the field. But I'd stay well away from that field for a few weeks.

Milogonite is only 6-4-0.

Biosolids is organic matter so you might want to consider how to store. Any moisture build-up and you could have an interesting mess.

Keep in mind with organic fertilizer the amounts of NPK are 100% plant available so one doesn't need to have the high numbers like the synthetic stuff.

Biosolids is organic matter

That's why I think it's great for just about any food plot. Worms and microorganisms love it. It would probably be a nice boost to overall soil health.

I have about 1/2 a million gallons of biosolids and sludge a month if any of you guys wanna pay the trucking.

How much to get it here in Minnesota? I'm kidding.

Think I found a neighbor to split a load with so ill likely update. This is on sand and gravel land in upper Michigan that could use all the extra matter possible.

I saw sludge mentioned, Johnsonville brats actually injects sludge from their manufacturing processes in many fields around my home farm. The growth in those fields is amazing. No clue what it is but they inject fields free of charge on a 7 year rotation. There's a long waiting list to join that party thou. And yes it smells like someone's frying out for a few days after they inject it

Think I found a neighbor to split a load with so ill likely update. This is on sand and gravel land in upper Michigan that could use all the extra matter possible.

Sounds like a great addition. Maybe plant some buckwheat on it and just keep building up layers.