All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doves

H20fwler

5 year old buck +
We have been out a few times and have done really well, evenings seem to be best.
Darcy just turned three a couple weeks ago and really puts on a show, she has been marking them great in standing beans or corn. She has retrieved over 100 already in the past week.

SPwBNIn.jpg

hO0oJYT.jpg

Good looking dog's. I didn't go yesterday due to getting seed, but my younger son and several of his friends went and had a good morning.

Wow. Nice work!

What time do you guys go out? Ive been through my fields at different times and haven't see any. I dont see many around anywhere anyways, but figured there would be a few.

What time do you guys go out? Ive been through my fields at different times and haven't see any. I dont see many around anywhere anyways, but figured there would be a few.
We went out at 3:30pm with sporadic shooting until 5:20pm. From 5:20pm until 6:05pm was hot. Mornings tend to be fast from 7:30ish unti 8:30am for us.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

44F716C4-42A1-4EB5-9F7E-0EFA673CE85F.jpeg

It's all been evening hunts here, mostly do to schedule. The last hour of shooting time has been best.

We have been out a few times and have done really well, evenings seem to be best.
Darcy just turned three a couple weeks ago and really puts on a show, she has been marking them great in standing beans or corn. She has retrieved over 100 already in the past week.

SPwBNIn.jpg

hO0oJYT.jpg

How do you like that MoJo decoy? I tried one for the first time early in September. I had one or two swoop in on it, but otherwise it may have done more harm than good in that first outing with it. I'm curious to hear how it's worked for you.

MOJO decoy works awesome for us! Almost cheating.

MOJO decoy works awesome for us! Almost cheating.

Interesting. Well, I'll give it another try next time out (probably next year). Thanks!

How do you like that MoJo decoy? I tried one for the first time early in September. I had one or two swoop in on it, but otherwise it may have done more harm than good in that first outing with it. I'm curious to hear how it's worked for you.

Works great for us.
Sometimes I’ll put four or five out if we have a few shooters.
Started using the Flicker decoys this year for doves too and they are very simple to set up and seem to get it done.

Works great for us.
Started using the Flicker decoys this year for doves too and they are very simple to set up and seem to get it done
I
Works great for us.
Started using the Flicker decoys this year for doves too and they are very simple to set up and seem to get it done.
The first time I used it, there was an open field in front of me and trees behind. Doves coming in from the open field seemed to fly elsewhere when they saw it. Doves coming from behind me would come straight to them though. Sounds like I’ll have to give it another try. I appreciate the insight!

Works great for us.

I

The first time I used it, there was an open field in front of me and trees behind. Doves coming in from the open field seemed to fly elsewhere when they saw it. Doves coming from behind me would come straight to them though. Sounds like I’ll have to give it another try. I appreciate the insight!
Doves tend to be just like ducks and want to do their final approach into the wind. Was that a factor?