Deer Blind ... Pre-made Wall Panels & Roof for Assembly Onsite in Difficult to Access locations

Read thru the brochure.....from the post you made above. Appears to check most of the boxes.....and some good thoughts have gone into this product. I've always liked sandwich panel products.....that are well designed. (I worked on Sandwich Panel construction with aluminum skin back in the 70's with the RV industry...that's 50 years ago. Used both pinch rolls and vacuum presses to assemble with adhesives. Yikes, I'm old...lol.) Not sure if the panel edges are well protected......and that would be my main concern as some panel products can be hard to handle in the field without damage in crucial areas. Maybe they got that figured out too. I'd like to see one.

Yes, checks a number of boxes. Regarding damage, wonder how well packaged for shipping? Other concern is how can floor be attached to stand platform? Wish they also had one around 5x5' with only horizontal windows. May have to get in contact with them to further investigate.

Found a video that Jake from Archery Country made on the Orion product. Not sure about a take-down and set up affair.....rather I think it's an assemble-on-site product (and leave in place). You may get by with a move or two (?).....but IME this would be difficult without damage to unprotected edges. If you gotta assemble on site....this may be a good solution.

Found a video that Jake from Archery Country made on the Orion product. Not sure about a take-down and set up affair.....rather I think it's an assemble-on-site product (and leave in place). You may get by with a move or two (?).....but IME this would be difficult without damage to unprotected edges. If you gotta assemble on site....this may be a good solution.

That looks like one guy could do himself. Once I place this stand, it won't be moving.

I am quite biased.....and very much in favor of fewer seams in a deer blind. Still.....a house with all kinds of seams can be made to be water tight and vermin proof.....so why not a deer blind? I suppose it's just not been my experience with panelized products. Tho....Things are improving......and a few tubes of the right caulk can solve most anything today.

I got lots of seams in my pole shed.....and have never had a mouse issue in that shed (knock on wood).

I can't believe how many deer blind companies exist these days. Makes my head spin.

I saw a blind today from www.betterwayoutdoors.com and they looked pretty decent from the outside.i haven't got to check out inside. Vertical windows in a couple models for around 2500.00
I gotta wonder how aluminum framed windows will do with freezing temps. Frozen shut windows can be a huge problem in the North.

No first hand experience but this looks like a good middle of the road blind and May fit the bill. https://mylazymanstands.com/. I have had my eye on them for a while but always end up building. They look like they would be easy to get where they are going. Before we had equipment we built them at home and assembled on site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think about every window frame is aluminum,but don't know

I gotta wonder how aluminum framed windows will do with freezing temps. Frozen shut windows can be a huge problem in the North.

Yeah I have had those problems, especially sliders that are in tracks. . That is why I prefer hinged windows.

I really think the maxerick xl looks easier and better.

Have you looked at the maverick?Was wondering if the windows open ok,the one I bought a long time ago had some real crappy windows.It doesn't look too bad in sportsmans guide.The one I have probably had close to 15 years and the shell is fine

Have you looked at the maverick?Was wondering if the windows open ok,the one I bought a long time ago had some real crappy windows.It doesn't look too bad in sportsmans guide.The one I have probably had close to 15 years and the shell is fine
Windows have come a long way imo. The windows made specifically for blinds work better than any Jerry rig real windows I have used in blinds through the years.

The Maverick is definitely on the list. The 5 shooter GX has all horizontal windows which is what i am looking for. Door is not as sturdy as I would like to see. Could be assembled on top of platform, just not sure how I would access the top peak bolt connectors. The weight is an advantage for hauling out and up on the platform. I need to see one in person.

Last edited:
This is the Vision blind we put up in Iowa ! Can’t wait to hunt out of it !E0482632-7180-405C-869F-C2FB180510D1.jpeg530EA71B-5CC7-4898-830B-81390CF33BD2.jpeg

For guys that want to save a little.

View attachment 60684
Somewhat of a goofy remembrance from the 70's........is that I worked for a large RV supplier of fabricated Aluminum "skin". doors, windows, putty tape (caulk), rv appliances, aluminum extrusions, roof vents, sun roofs for cars, and a whole lot more of accessories to this market. They had plants located across the country that specialized in one area or another. We sold materials to most of the manufacturers of travel trailers, motorhomes, pickup campers, mobile homes and lots more. I was the sales manager for a plant they. had in MN......and I put together a product of "pickup cover kits" similar to that shown in the picture above. We sold them 1000 or more at a time. We had Rick at RT frames in Elkhart Indiana make the bent and welded frames. Seems to me the entire kit of 100% materials was $120. or thereabouts....right down to the screws. Complete.

Later in time.....I idid consider making a kit such at this for fish houses and for deer stands.......but never got too serious about it. Though......I did try to find a listing for RT frames.....and was going to investigate if Rick was still alive. Never did find him.

Geeesh.....that was a long time ago. The aluminum framed 'caps" were a brand new concept at that time (70's).....and we offered an easy way to get into this business.

We sure sold allot of "stuff" to these industries.........and I'm not too proud of the fact that I sold over 90% of the galvanized steel mobile home roofing in about 6 states and parts of Canada. Millions of pounds of 30 gauge galvanized steel with G90 hot dipped galvanized material.assembled at our plant into a seamed rolled up roof ....imported from National Steel out of Japan. I like to point that out to people.......when we see some tires on the roofs of some old mobile homes......to quiet the rumble of that old tin....that I sold that roof! lol.

Then.....out of nowhere......came OPEC and HUD to change EVERYTHING and shuttered all those plants. Huge change for me. Likely for the better......long term.

Last edited:
For guys that want to save a little.

View attachment 60684
Actually almost bid on a topper in a recent auction for that exact purpose. Listed as back window broke out. Too far to drive though even for $1. It went without a bid and did not sell