All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cummins poor customer service

The Average Joe does not graft. He might but he didn't see rootstock for sale at Home Depot. Instead he bought a dwarf Red Delicious and a Bartlett. They'll pollinate each other, right?

I like this guy.

You mention "trees"...but the issue wasn't a tree, it was rootstocks. When it comes to buying fruit trees, there are a huge number of places to choose from. When buying rootstocks, there really aren't. You can buy small quantities of rootstocks from a decent number of places...but the origin of those rootstocks is largely the same....one of a handful of west coast nurseries. As I stated on another thread, I lost one of my OHF97's from Burnt Ridge this year. No life in the rootstock at all when I checked it after the scion didn't break bud. Is that BR's fault, the nursery they bought it from, or mine? Or some of each? I don't know. I do know it wasn't enough to stop me from ordering from BR again if they have a product I'd like. IMHO, its different when you buy a "tree" and there's no life. I'd be ticked off if I bought a grafted tree that showed zero signs of life, but when I lose a $3.50 rootstock I shrug it off as being attributable to a number of different reasons. That's just me though.
I'm sure Steve would happily refund a $30 tree his company actually has to put some resources into, when he tells a person to shove it over $2 rootstock. I'm sure he'd really be understanding over multiple trees? I'm sure all of you are far better at this stuff than I am, so it won't be an issue for you.
I'm not trying to change the groupies minds, just thought I'd share some crappy customer service. Shame on me I guess. I thought it would be appreciated, but the groupies are putting me in my place. Buy away boys, he's not gonna screw me so I have nothing to worry about.

Stop engaging him. Seems he is delirious comparing rootstock to riggers lol but maybe I am wearing rose colored glasses. I better stop now. I have had a few wines and if it's not good I am calling Robert Mondavi for a refund. It was a 12 dollar bottle of wine !!!!!!

Stop engaging him. Seems he is delirious comparing rootstock to riggers lol but maybe I am wearing rose colored glasses. I better stop now. I have had a few wines and if it's not good I am calling Robert Mondavi for a refund. It was a 12 dollar bottle of wine !!!!!!

Now that is funny, but I am drinking box wine tonight. I don't deserve a refund.

Ok I am done making any more comments in this thread because it has been way overdone ....cheers Chummer don't get any cardboard cuts on those boxes

Paul