Covert Scouting Camera's - Anybody trying them?

Corey Peterson

5 year old buck +
Wondering if anybody has been using Covert Trail cams? Any issues with them?

I'm having bad luck with my current cameras:
Moultrie M-990i just died - i get a white screen on the view finder and that's it
Bushnell Trophy cam that is taking horrible day time pictures (blurry) but the night time are perfect

First of all, how old are the cams you have that are not working? Are they possibly under warranty?

I bought a Covert Black Ops, and it was taking a LOT of pictures throughout the day of not much. I called them and they walked me through settings to try and all. I did not have it ever pointed directly at the sun, but it sure would go haywire during the high sun times of the day for whatever reason.
They replaced it, so the new one is out being tested now.

I have one Spypoint and I know I cant determine a winner owning just one, but so far I really really like that a ton. 6 AA batteries. The same batteries that have been in it since December. It never takes pics of nothing. Day pics are very good. Night pics are a bit lacking if animals are 25+ feet from it. I would like to try another one personally.

Both cameras are out of warranty - Moultrie doesn't repair cameras anymore but they did offer to sell me a new one for 40% off with free shipping so I ordered one of the new M-880's from them. I'd like to get another camera, but I'd like to try another brand that lasts! Thanks for the info

I have a new M880 Gen 2. Out testing now. I just got it last week.
Also got an A5 Gen 2.

I got them on the 40% discount as well that you are talking about. Pretty sweet deal.

Spypoints have been good to me also. Have 3 in service now. Oldest one is going on either 3 or 4 years now.

Moultrie has been good for me overall.

I had one 4 or 5 years old crap out. I called to see if they had any frequent user discounts since i had 4 others. They gave me the 40% discount so i got 2 of the new gen 2 models.

So hard to know whats good. People have luck across the board while others dont.

I pretty sure my next camera is going to be a Browning ...if I can figure out which one is the Black Flash...thier model numbers confuse me LOL

We're running 5 or 6 moultries now. All of them are different generations of 880's and one of the lesser cams (55 maybe?). Only had issues with one still in warranty and they got it replaced for me. They've been good for us.

Had a mpe5 shoot craps on me today. Less than 1 year old. Put a call in to covert an haven't heard back from them yet. Their customer service extension sent me to a voice recording:/
We shall see. I will let you guys know what comes of it

I have 5 covert black 60's and have had no issues. Been running them for almost 2 years now.