All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

County Tree Sale

dsinwi

5 year old buck +
FYI:
In case anyone is interested in some trees. This will be my first time ordering from them so I cannot speak to the quality, or anything else for that matter. I have no affiliation with them, it is for a good cause.
http://www.co.columbia.wi.us/County...ias=www.co.columbia.wi.us/CountyCommerce/LWCD

Every year when ordering trees I convince myself not to order too many. Then spring comes and the deliveries roll in and I wish I had ordered more :emoji_confused:.

I've gotten trees and shrubs through Adams County several times. I believe they get them from the state and Columbia county likely does the same. IME stock has been good quality for shrubs but for pines and spruces I've moved on to plugs only.

The Wisconsin county trees I have bought have always been great. They are bare root and some of them have almost too big of a root system. But I would rather dig a bigger hole than get a cheap tree!

Bueller - You have a Columbia and an Adams county in Wisc. too ?? We have those here in Pa. as well. I wonder now how many folks when they saw references to Adams County Nursery ( Pa. ) thought it was in Wisc.

Yep we have Adams and Columbia counties in WI.

FYI:
In case anyone is interested in some trees. This will be my first time ordering from them so I cannot speak to the quality, or anything else for that matter. I have no affiliation with them, it is for a good cause.
http://www.co.columbia.wi.us/County...ias=www.co.columbia.wi.us/CountyCommerce/LWCD

Thanks for sharing this. Will be worth the drive for 25 chinese chestnuts at $22.

Anyone picking up trees this Thursday in Portage? I'm planning on giving them a call later today to get the SOP on how this works, hours of operation, etc. Just wondering if anyone has any insight on it. I have not received any communication on my order. Thank you.

They have time and building listed on the webpage now. I'll be picking mine up early so I can hopefully get them all in the ground the same day.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

Thanks Barndog. I see that now as well.