Cost of Hired Help

PackerBacker

5 year old buck +
My buddy used his tractor, tree planter and 2 full days to help me get my trees in the ground this year. Anyone know what it would cost if I had to have rented a tractor and tree planter or hired a crew to put them in? I know he isn't expecting it but it was a lot of work so I want to compensate him appropriately for his time and equipment.

Gotta be cheaper than the route I typically take - when I get help it's typically from my kids........talk about expensive!:D

It isn't really related but I paid $100/hour for a tractor, drill and operator when I put in my NWSG - including transport time.

I can get you exact numbers from when the farm service paid out for my tree planting program. I can post it this evening. Some rough guesses are 45 for planter, 125 for tractor per day. 13 per hr per person. Food and beverages during planting

Hell - just fire up the grill with some good eats and keep the beer cold and plentiful! If it's buddies - lots of times just knowing its appreciated is enough! PARTY!!! PARTY!!! PARTY!!!

Top off the fuel tank in his tracker, leave a case of beer in his shop fridge, and invite him and his family to your house for a steak dinner.
Scratch - you keep it up and your going to have lots of new neighbors! First your comments about the habitat in your area, then the price of land in your area and now the mentality of folks like you in the area. Like I said on the other thread - I think I'm move'n!!!!!

Scratch - you keep it up and your going to have lots of new neighbors! First your comments about the habitat in your area, then the price of land in your area and now the mentality of folks like you in the area. Like I said on the other thread - I think I'm move'n!!!!!

I like good neighbors. Come find ya a place, we'll share hunts and fishing spots.

I like good neighbors. Come find ya a place, we'll share hunts and fishing spots.
Oh - you want "good" neighbors! Never mind......:D

If I was to move it would cost me way more than I am willing to spend....because of the divorce that would be involved!!!!!

Oh - you want "good" neighbors! Never mind......:D

If I was to move it would cost me way more than I am willing to spend....because of the divorce that would be involved!!!!!

I didn't mean to mess it up with a stipulation like "good". Of course the divorce would make it way more per acre, but the deer hunting is pretty good...