All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I know is I’m watching the 1988 Checker 500. Richard Petty, Harry Gant. Ricky Rudd, Dale Earnhardt. Love it. Miss those days as compared to what they’ve got today

Last edited:
I have no horse in this fight, my life is lame, and for the most part, my life hasn’t changed. I wake up, work from home, I also have a second job, and stay pretty busy with that, and I spend weekends building my cabin.

What I have noticed is store shelves are getting empty, and it isn’t just toilet paper. Basically any beef is hard to come by, along with many other meat products at the local grocery stores. I was at Fleet Farm today, I would say 30% of the shelves were empty. If this goes on another month, things will get ugly.

Just south of my some guy stole food from a gas station, he had a gun, and was shot dead from cops because he chose to shoot at the cops. Things will only get worse.

All I can say is don’t get to worked up at this point. In NJ we went through this a few weeks ago. I’ve posted a lot about my grocery store visits. So much so that I feel like people might think I go everyday. :)

the wave is moving across the country now. It’s crazy weird what runs out? One week eggs, the next tasty cakes?? Went this week and the jellow/pudding isle was empty. But tasty cake boxes were 10 for $10.
We got to stop letting pregnant women shop. :)
But we have deer in the freezer and more in the yard.

One thing I have noticed, is the home improvement stores have been busy. The local Menards and Home Depot’s parking lots are always full now. My wife went to Home Depot on Saturday to get paint, and they didn’t have much paint bases left on the shelves either. People are still out and about around here, they just don’t have to go to work.

I went to my cabin Friday mid day, and traffic going north was almost a normal flow of traffic for a weekend going north. Most people aren’t afraid or staying home, they just aren’t working.

Another example of why this is driving people nuts as much of it makes no sense. I went to Home Depot yesterday to get a pressure washer. They had people lined up about 10 deep and a sign that said only 75 people could be in the store. They were letting one in as one came out. I waited for 5 minutes and no one came out so I left. I drove across the street to Lowe’s which had just as many cars in the parking lot and no line or restrictions. How does that make any sense? Based on the number of people out and the few cases we have I think people are about done staying home. It was a good plan to buy time and get the health care system some time to figure it out but it is time to open. If you are at risk or concerned stay home.

My uncle was in a terrible car accident a couple of months ago. He is in a nursing home where he is having physical therapy. The place he is at has had a number of people come down with the virus.(One of which is a 104 year old woman who has recovered) My uncle was tested, test came back negative. They sent him to a different facility in Wisconsin (we are on the river so it was a close move) They tested him there and test came back positive so they sent him back to where he came from. I don't fear for my uncles health and I don't trust the tests anymore than I do our "leaders". I have friends who own Bars, golf courses, are taxidermist, etc. Many of them are hurting. It is high time we open up the economy again.

You guys are probably tired of me posting articles by this guy, I just find him so insightful.

https://amgreatness.com/2020/04/19/suppression-of-expression-obscures-the-truth-about-the-virus/

Good writer, great career, but also obvious political agenda. Which is fine - he's upfront about it. Here's something to try on for size that provides a different perspective:

https://medium.com/swlh/misinformation-goes-viral-1aad951e4492

Also a good writer, great career, but a bit less political.

PS. It was impossible to find a cart for lumber to build a new deer blind at Lowes yesterday. Every available one was taken up by online orders waiting pick-up. I had to follow a guy to his car to grab his when he was finished loading his truck. Crazy busy.

It's over far as I'm concerned.

Gas is dirt cheap right now. The weather is great. The bugs haven't started. I'm gonna be at the cabin working every weekend advancing the cause until one of those three conditions deteriorates. This is no time to sit around and listen to the elaborate excuses the quacks make up to rationalize why they were wrong and still deserve credibility.

According to Worldometers stats for the end of the day on Sat 4/18, 45% of all US COVID-19 deaths are in New York (almost all in the NYC area); 55% if we add New Jersey (mostly the NY Metro area); almost two-thirds (62.5%) if we add Massachusetts (mostly Boston area) and Pennsylvania (mostly Philly area); two-thirds if we add California (65.5%). That means 45 out of 50 states (+ DC) combined account for only one-third of all fatalities.

Again, for comparisons sake...

Italy + Spain + France + UK + Germany = 320 Mil people. They have had 85K (classified) deaths combined.

US Population = 330 Mil people and we've had 35K (classified) deaths.

According to Worldometers stats for the end of the day on Sat 4/18, 45% of all US COVID-19 deaths are in New York (almost all in the NYC area); 55% if we add New Jersey (mostly the NY Metro area); almost two-thirds (62.5%) if we add Massachusetts (mostly Boston area) and Pennsylvania (mostly Philly area); two-thirds if we add California (65.5%). That means 45 out of 50 states (+ DC) combined account for only one-third of all fatalities.

Italy + Spain + France + UK + Germany = 320 Mil people. They have had 85K (classified) deaths combined.

If you believe that the virus is responsible for killing them. I would like to know, of the reported deaths, how many of them had a high likely hood of kicking the bucket in 6 months or less regardless.

I went to Menards yesterday after the elderly morning hours. The place was packed and I could not find a flat cart so I had to carry the potting soild I needed for my new Apple tree project. Got 30 root stock Saturday so I need to get some bench grafting done. I am glad Bill has left this thread go as I find solace in the like minded INDIVIDUALS here. I have never donated to a political campaign but whoever runs against Evers is getting some dough from me.

Chuck

If you believe that the virus is responsible for killing them. I would like to know, of the reported deaths, how many of them had a high likely hood of kicking the bucket in 6 months or less regardless.

I am not stating that the virus was the cause. All I am trying to do, is give a perspective / context on the USA vs World (I personally believe it can be argued that many people are complaining about how terrible the US is doing, when, in reality...) in regards to numbers.

Home improvement stores and garden centers are packed here. I think it makes perfect sense:

A lot of people have time to do work in the home and garden because everything else is closed. Bars, gyms, shopping malls, etc. are closed here, and with home office and stay-at-home orders there isn't a whole lot else for most people to do.

Most of the deaths are in the big blue states, and in the inner cities (liberal) but it is all Trump's fault (LOL)

I hate for any deaths to occur but that is life. My parents are aged and I fit into the critical age category. But this country is always being dictated to its policies by the large , usually poorly managed , typically tax sucking municipalities like NYC, LA , etc. what isn’t , and won’t be discussed is the number of deaths from Covid that were compromised by meds the patient were already taking or lifestyles they were involved in. long before the virus activated. Had they had the recommended vaccines for pneumonia , flu , etc ??
I’m not saying this to be judge mental as I accept ones lifestyle choices w no condemnation from me. But I do think it’s unfair the economy of this country/ world has been trashed by inaccurate reporting of the true results of this Virus. We as a society will be paying for this for many a year in production And govnt taxes needed to recover. Mom and pop small business and rural America will struggle to recover.
Meanwhile our hospitals sit nearly empty and thousands of their employees sitting at home. Infection rate of 4% of those tested and death rate by % nearly negligible compared to other infections. All while we sit around waiting for the supposed second , third , fourth , fifth ,ad infinity waves??
Social distancing , proper hygiene of self and stores is in order. But months long shutdown ?? No way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good writer, great career, but also obvious political agenda. Which is fine - he's upfront about it. Here's something to try on for size that provides a different perspective:

https://medium.com/swlh/misinformation-goes-viral-1aad951e4492

Also a good writer, great career, but a bit less political.

PS. It was impossible to find a cart for lumber to build a new deer blind at Lowes yesterday. Every available one was taken up by online orders waiting pick-up. I had to follow a guy to his car to grab his when he was finished loading his truck. Crazy busy.

First of all, I like Hanson because he is conservative and he has insight based on a lot of history. I’ve found liberals typically can’t write more than a sentence or two without going into their progressive talking points.

The link you supplied is to another lab coat, who starts off with a statement that, bonafides aside, destroys his credibility:

“No, YOU (bar the first Chinese patients in Wuhan) did not have COVID19 prior to Jan 2020. The first documented cases in China were in late November/early Dec 2019. Scientists can “track” the origins of viruses by sequencing their genetic material. Over time, viruses accumulate mutations that make them identifiable.“

From what logic can the statement be made implying the virus couldn’t have been contracted here prior to January and then stating that ”The first documented cases in China were in late November/early Dec 2019.” An earlier link I provided (again, by that politically motivated Dr. Victor David Hanson) points to the facts that thousands of Chinese traveled to this country every day (many on direct flights from Wuhan) in those critical months after those first cases in Wuhan and before the travel ban on January 31st. I can’t believe that it is possible that nobody was infected over the two months that Chinese were traveling to the US while the PRC government was not allowing travel within China in order to control the spread.

The author implies a proof by referencing tracking of gene mutations and the like. OK, so riddle me this? How do you do that without having patient data from early on in the outbreak (I.e., patent zero, or shortly thereafter) when most has been destroyed or withheld by the Chinese. Also, as far as I know, little or no research has been done or provided from reliable sources (decidedly, not the Chinese) on the mutations of this virus (perhaps you can share on research you are privy to). From what I’ve read, one of the promising aspects of fighting this virus is it’s lack of mutating tendencies (unlike the common cold which is anything but common because of the many mutations).

I look forward to your comments Dr. Knehrke.

Home improvement stores and garden centers are packed here. I think it makes perfect sense:

A lot of people have time to do work in the home and garden because everything else is closed. Bars, gyms, shopping malls, etc. are closed here, and with home office and stay-at-home orders there isn't a whole lot else for most people to do.

Thats where they went wrong in Michigan. telling people what they were allowed to buy or telling stores what they can sell in their stores. Among other things that brought out protests.

The virus is manageable, the government is NOT. The "cure" is destroying our lives. What's going to happen when kids finally go back to school and the cold/flu season starts again---will we be forced to stay home again?

One thing I have noticed, is the home improvement stores have been busy. The local Menards and Home Depot’s parking lots are always full now. My wife went to Home Depot on Saturday to get paint, and they didn’t have much paint bases left on the shelves either. People are still out and about around here, they just don’t have to go to work.

I went to my cabin Friday mid day, and traffic going north was almost a normal flow of traffic for a weekend going north. Most people aren’t afraid or staying home, they just aren’t working.

I went to a nearby Menard's the other day and the only time of the year where there are more cars in the lot is during the Christmas season. One of my big frustrations and concerns about this shutdown is how uneven the impact is. Menard's = packed. Nearby, locally owned store = closed. Nearly everyone will receive a $1200 stimulus check, but some have not lost a cent in this, others have paid heavy tolls, but everyone gets a payday.

Another tidbit...I have it on authority that once the $1200 stimulus deposits started arriving last the electronics area in a local Wal-Mart lit up with customers. Again, nearby local stores are closed. I am not sure that people really "need" a new flat screen TV from Wally with free money that the govt really doesn't have. Sheesh.

The part of the stimulus aimed at businesses...the Paycheck Protection Program(PPP) is currently suspended due to the exhaustion of the initial funds. Some businesses were awarded low interest, potentially forgivable, loans which should really help the businesses AND their employees in the short term. However, many businesses were not yet awarded and may or may not be awarded anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.