All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the protesters I see don't seem to even understand what they are protesting. They scream "stop the violence" while burning down police precincts. Blm is against anyone who doesn't march with them. Maybe that's a problem? Covid is a great excuse to be a piece of shit apparently. Just ask Minnesota gov taxing timmy.

More contagious and LESS fatal.
Yes. That's what makes it easier to spread and become worldwide. Viruses that kill quickly are easier to contain. The ability to transmit before clinical symptoms occur, mode of transmission (airborne vs bodily fluid exposure) will also affect the ease or difficulty in spreading.

Those sitting on the fence are likely to have it blown out from underneath them at some point. I will listen to objective data, but have absolutely no desire to listen to both sides. I for one, thank God the choice is so clear. If you truly believe that we magically have the first global pandemic in 100 years from an under-cooked bat then I dont know what to say. There are better odds of me picking the winning powerball numbers than this plandemic being a natural occurrence with decisions being driven by "science."
Thank you for illustrating my point so well. I wish I had your clarity of sight; it would make my job that much easier. Yeah, that's sarcasm...but I'm laughing with you, not at you. We all carry biases that cloud our ability to think clearly (me too, and it's a daily chore to check my impulses). In your case, you "listen to objective data" but "have no desire to listen to both sides" because "the choice is clear". So, if you are confronted with data that you don't want to listen to, you can simply decide that it's contrived by "the other side". I too practice selective hearing sometimes. Usually with my wife...

Actually Hawaii was successful with lockdowns and masks. They got complacent on their reopening and have very low testing rates. That's why you can't open up without precautions as soon as things start to look good. It's a lesson we seem to have to learn over and over...

Actually Hawaii was successful with lockdowns and masks. They got complacent on their reopening and have very low testing rates. That's why you can't open up without precautions as soon as things start to look good. It's a lesson we seem to have to learn over and over...

No they still have the strict lockdown and mask requirement and the tourism industry is "shit" right now in Hawaii. Suffering enormous damage in Hawaii!

these last 2 posts are kind of examples of how you can interpret just about anything to mean whatever you want it to be.

No one wins, we all lose, one day we'll die, and someone else will hunt our stands... It's all useless...

Well no. Hawaii is now locking down for second time. They relaxed many restrictions. Now they are putting them back. But yes Tourism and economy sucks!

these last 2 posts are kind of examples of how you can interpret just about anything to mean whatever you want it to be.

No one wins, we all lose, one day we'll die, and someone else will hunt our stands... It's all useless...
You're welcome to anything I have, but leave my stands out of it! I'm burying my stands with me - and if I die of COVID, I'm sneezing on them first lol.

You're welcome to anything I have, but leave my stands out of it! I'm burying my stands with me - and if I die of COVID, I'm sneezing on them first lol.

Haha... see you on the other side.

The Dow just hit 29.000 despite all the Coronavirus mess...:emoji_clap:
Going to be a market adjustment soon. Buy low and sell high right? I urge people to be happy with the gains you have seen and plan for the worst. How high do you really see this thing going?

Going to be a market adjustment soon. Buy low and sell high right? I urge people to be happy with the gains you have seen and plan for the worst. How high do you really see this thing going?
As long as the stimulus keeps coming, it'll keep going. I've got my wishlist ready to go for the next stimulus payment.

I'm not disputing anything. I can't yell loud enough to be heard over the internet reverb. What I read here is a classic example of folks who share the same opinions firing each other up. The left does the same thing. And each side has to adopt more and more extreme stances in order to justify their position. And the gap widens.

I am firmly in the middle. I listen to both sides. But it's become like a joke you've heard 1000 times. You know the punchline. I don't have the bandwidth to keep up with all of the arguments. It just seems like there is NO WAY that some folks will ever cross that political line, no matter what the evidence. And they will find a way to justify their position.

Heck, if the national news agencies can't be unbiased, I guess I'm hopelessly optimistic expecting different from people. Honestly, I'm not casting shade. But you can find numbers to support any position you want, if you dig deeply enough. I'm just frankly amazed that all of the numbers appear to support one side of the argument - depending on who you're talking to.

Single case in point, then I stop preaching. Headline, "Up to 50% of coronavirus positive test results are false!". Wow, that seems like quite a bit. And it would be, if your positive testing rate was say 10%. That would be 1 in 20 false positives. On the other hand, if you test positive at 0.5%, then half of that is 0.25% or a 1 in 400 false positive rate. Quite a difference, right? And yet I see this exact "fact" reiterated without thought, but with "righteous indignation and weaponized outrage". Same weapons used by the far left.

These are not new tests my friend, if anything accuracy should have improved as we go along, yet here is a very recent case just a few weeks ago where they were 0 out of 77 on a scale of accuracy.
https://www.nfl.com/news/all-77-false-positive-covid-19-tests-come-back-negative-upon-reruns

The CDC says the antibody tests (had Covid prior) are 95% accurate, the virology tests (currently have Covid) are 80% accurate. The problems seem to be inconsistent reporting for the most part. An example would be that quite a few states were submitting their positive antibody tests with their positive virology tests and it increased the total "spike in cases" which effects how Governors respond. And those mistakes are never subtracted from the total positives, despite "experts" admitting that even a positive positive antibody test "could mean" you had SARS COV1 otherwise known as Swine Flu. Cov1 and Cov2 are scientifically 78% identical.

The media reports the maximum number constantly which should give clues to their agenda, not just the truth as usual. Another clue should be that all politicians considered the CDC as the "Gold Standard" until the CDC announced that "it is safe for people vote in person in November", then they started questioning the CDC. None of this is hidden or secret information my friend, feel free to message me if you have questions you would like answers to. I don't give my opinion unless I say "just my opinion". Everything I post I can show you where I found it (and I usually do) and you can interpret it however you like.

Last edited:
Mr Miagi said "Man who walks on left side of road OK, man who walks on right side of road OK. Man who walks down middle, sooner or later "SQUISH" :emoji_laughing:

Chuck

Just like grape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.