All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for dogghr's post, I'm with 4wanderingeyes...pictures or it didn't happen. Here's my story: my 18-yr-old daughter absconded with one of my wife's scarfs yesterday, which she wore tied below her shoulders as a wrap. Very Bohemian. I get it. But as a Dad, I'm horrified lol.

I don't think I'd be a good girl dad. I know how boys operate.

Glad I got 3 boys.

Lmao. I guess all dentist and surgeons must end up w dentures. Funny and stupid read. Good excuse tho.
As for sports me or my son was never much for team sports, me beginning in the 70s , he much later.
Much better to do individual stuff where you have no one to blame but your self for success or failure. And no participation trophies. There is First and everyone else. We raced pro level tracks across the country. Here’s my son w his self designed painted helmet. When you can go 40 riders wide at open throttle into a hairpin curve wide enough for 6 of them and make 75 ft jumps then you got Kahoonas big enough to talk chit. Lol
Strange turn from Covid talk. Thankgoodness.
67e08b9ce9d5b4b06fc255f839228391.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This truly is an example of needing money to be able to compete. There wasn’t a thing I couldn’t do on a bike. I always wanted to race it just wasn’t going to happen for me.

That made me laugh. I bought my first bike at 13 from paper route and odd jobs. Dad never donated a penny except his mechanical skills. Bought the others thru race winnings while still working several jobs. My son also worked and bought his own bikes till sponsored. That how you teach character. There are no freebies in this life. Most good racers I’ve known began from meager backgrounds. One just has to choose to make it happen.

As for the no clothes and mask ... had college girl I. Office today and my young staff were laughing their asses off saying her mask covered more than what she was wearing. I didn’t complain personally.

When you own a small business there is no such thing as M-F 9-5. You are on the job every day of the week. The employees get to go home at the end of the day have no overhead, taxes, insurance, operating loans, don’t have to deal with impatient customers etc etc.

Not talking about just going to the track on the weekend either.

When you own a small business there is no such thing as M-F 9-5. You are on the job every day of the week. The employees get to go home at the end of the day have no overhead, taxes, insurance, operating loans, don’t have to deal with impatient customers etc etc.

That is why I sold my business. You didn’t mention the stress in dealing with the things you mentioned. I wish a lot more politicians were business owners and a lot less were lawyers.

this is true. But the pay off is such that I would never wanna go back to working for someone, unless i was retired and just wanted food plot money.

Yea I agree. My dad owned his own business as do I as did my son. I’ve worked for others in the past. No thanks. But I’m lucky to know to delegate and hire hard workers that take their chit seriously. They know if we make money then they make buckets more. Not for everyone tho. Technically still have a boss called Uncle Sam. And I say that as I just found out piece of major equipment is not going to be reparable. Didn’t need to pocket that money no ways. Lol

We are short staffed. I am pulling double duty most days and sometimes triple duty. Try hiring help when people are paid a ridiculous amount to not work.

Just got thru talking to a buddy w that problem. Has tons of work available but his guys won’t come back. What a cluster. Honestly some of mine worked thru the shitdown even tho we weren’t essential. And the others came running back as soon as we were legal. I’m lucky for sure. You can bet I won’t shut down again. They can come put me in cuffs. Don’t f w an old man!

Just got thru talking to a buddy w that problem. Has tons of work available but his guys won’t come back. What a cluster. Honestly some of mine worked thru the shitdown even tho we weren’t essential. And the others came running back as soon as we were legal. I’m lucky for sure. You can bet I won’t shut down again. They can come put me in cuffs. Don’t f w an old man!

What was illegal was making you shut you down. When the $600 runs out don't forget who took it and didn't want to work. Anybody in NW Wisconsin hear the T&S Hardware commercials? They are priceless.

My buddy runs a huge car dealership with three location. Pre covid they had 275 employees. Currently they have 75 and their huge brand new service center is closed to January. They couldn’t get anyone to come back because of the $600. Since the service center was the bulk of the employees he said screw it, it can stay closed. They can send most of their customers back through their two other dealerships. The $600 is absolutely hurting the economy and the unemployment rate. I wish Trump would have let it go but it is a no win with the Dems pushing for it. Dems only solution for anything is free stuff.

Joe Biden delivered a speech today and he wants the governors to mandate EVERYONE to wear a mask OUTSIDE for at least the next 3 months. And he delivered this teleprompter speech indoors with no mask on.... Gee, sorry Joe but you and all your comrades can kiss my ass. No wonder i have seen a whopping total of ONE Biden sign in all my travels across MN. Dr. Fauci doesnt think we need mask outside. Joe must have found better "experts."

Capture.PNG

I think you misunderstand what the mask is about?

It is not that if your are in the woods walking along scouting deer alone and Biden is demanding you wear a mask.

He (and experts in the study viruses) are saying that it is wise for the governors to make folks wear a mask when you are packed in with other folks who might be unknowingly spreading the virus to you or others.

Currently, many of us are flipping the bird to wearing a mask. As a result I have none of my fun sports, millions have lost their jobs.. schools are deciding not open, even restaurants that have outside dining folks here do not go to cause people we know are dying,.. and in general we are screwed with 167,000 dead and counting.

In other countries,.. wear folks wear a mask and take precautions they are back to normal,.. I would like to go back to normal.

We are an outlier nation and rank with Brazil and India in infection and death rates.

The season where viruses love it,.. is coming. Winter is coming,.. Experts who study viruses all their lives say,.. if we do not get our shit together before winter flue season we will be even more screwed,.. I don't want our economy even more screwed!

Please just wear a damn mask if you are packed in with other people,.. ?

What the heck is wrong with wearing a mask during a world wide pandemic? I honestly do not get it?

Last edited:
By the way,.. 37x governors already do this !! They already mandate a mask!

Biden is hardly asking for something odd or new.

Last edited:
By the way,.. 37x governors already do this !! They already mandate a mask!

Biden is hardly asking for something odd or new.

Actually you don’t know what he is asking because he doesn’t take questions. He said wear masks outside. Follow up questions could have got what he was actually saying but he is not allowed off the prompter. I am for masks when entering businesses. I will not be wearing a mask walking outside. You don’t help your own arguments. If 37 governors are already doing it I assume the problem is solved in those states. Cases world wide mean nothing. Most countries don’t test or only test people with symptoms. Biden winning will be more deadly than any virus.

I think you misunderstand what the mask is about?

It is not that if your are in the woods walking along scouting deer alone and Biden is demanding you wear a mask.

He (and experts in the study viruses) are saying that it is wise for the governors to make folks wear a mask when you are packed in with other folks who might be unknowingly spreading the virus to you or others.

Currently, many of us are flipping the bird to wearing a mask. As a result I have none of my fun sports, millions have lost their jobs.. schools are deciding not open, even restaurants that have outside dining folks here do not go to cause people we know are dying,.. and in general we are screwed with 167,000 dead and counting.

In other countries,.. wear folks wear a mask and take precautions they are back to normal,.. I would like to go back to normal.

We are an outlier nation and rank with Brazil and India in infection and death rates.

The season where viruses love it,.. is coming. Winter is coming,.. Experts who study viruses all their lives say,.. if we do not get our shit together before winter flue season we will be even more screwed,.. I don't want our economy even more screwed!

Please just wear a damn mask if you are packed in with other people,.. ?

What the heck is wrong with wearing a mask during a world wide pandemic? I honestly do not get it?

whatever the experts say is null and void as far as I’m concerned. These experts, the ones that have studied infectious diseases and viruses their entire careers 6 months ago said that wearing a mask didn’t do anything. Wow, what good is and expert that spent 30 plus years studying these very things and don’t know front from back. They’ve literally lost all credibility. People are smart and they see it for what it is. As far as these other Countries back to normal, name one. They’re all fluctuating up and down. I don’t know any Country back to the way it was. The US is not unique there. As far as us going back to normal , the only thing preventing you from sports and fun are these Governors wrought with new found all giving power which these stupid legislatures gave them. Every one of these legislature are trying to get power back where it belongs. And I will add the lawsuits are starting on these executive orders. Andy Cuomo just lost his first one.

Fauci says in March to not wear masks, they do nothing. Fauci says in May, wear masks - if you don't you don't care about your fellow human beings.

Zero credibility

No lockdowns, no closing schools, no mask mandate, bars and restaurants didn't close. Their health minister said mask are a joke and dont work. Looks like they (Sweden) have the real experts and we have the JV allstar, Dr. Faux ci, who told 60 mins in March that mask dont work. Yes, PLEASE DEAR GOD let me follow the "experts." This is the expert that basement Biden says we should follow.

Capture.PNG

Captured.PNG

I called my favorite apple tree nursery today, instead of in January like usual, to place my order. They were almost out of inventory already.

Status
Not open for further replies.