All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how many baseball players that were diagnosed would have missed a game pre-covid with the illness (if any) they got? I'm thinking it might be zero.
I think Aroldis Chapman had symptoms... But I hate him. Because of what he did to me in the 2016 World Series. I will never forgive

and now the pannicky governor from Ohio has it... So much shenanigans on all sides.

Who can ever forget Jordon's flu game. Back when basketball was worth watching.

I think Aroldis Chapman had symptoms... But I hate him. Because of what he did to me in the 2016 World Series. I will never forgive
I am a yankee fan and can’t stand watching him. No clue where the ball is going. The Redsox have a pitcher out for the year due to heart issues from covid. So they say. Not sure how you could prove it wasn’t pre existing.

73 year old with multiple co-morbidities beat the rona in less than 12 hours.

That captures the ridiculousness of Covid in America. CDC announced awhile ago that at least 50% of tests were inaccurate. Either false positive or false negative. We shut down our country for nothing

Gentlemen, the inaccuracy of antigen tests is not something new, just because a high profile figure was subject to those inaccuracies. Their virtue is that they are fast: minutes, not days, unlike PCR tests, which look for genetic material. Here's an article from Science, arguably the most respected media source in the biomedical research field, from May 22nd: https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/05/coronavirus-antigen-tests-quick-and-cheap-too-often-wrong

The governor did the right thing. He quarantined until a PCR test could be run. Of course, he had the virtue of obtaining an answer in hours, unlike the rest of us chumps, but still...it was the right thing to do. So - SOP. Nothing strange. Nothing new. Once again, news agencies blowing stuff up to sell papers (or ads or clickbait or whatever).

With regards to the CDC guidance on error rates, again - details matter. The guidance was referring to serologic tests that look for the presence of anti-COVID antibody to report whether you have been exposed or not - IN THE PAST. It's not diagnostic and cannot be used to determine if you are currently infected. This was also early in the course of the disease; testing methods have been routinely improving as we generate new biologics to detect anti-COVID antibodies. However, the inaccuracy in the antigen test that was used on the governor, which is diagnostic, occurs mainly in terms of false negatives, and it's considered to be very accurate in terms of positives. Which makes what happened with the governor less likely, but still not too surprising. All of the data is publicly available if anyone wants to dig deeper. No hidden story there.

As for a guy beating the "Rona" in 12 hours. Lol. Maybe polishing of a big bowl of the maca"rona" and cheese. I don't even know how to begin debunking that sort of claim. Please, apply all that skepticism that I read on here even to stories that validate your world-view.

Last edited:
Gentlemen, the inaccuracy of antigen tests is not something new, just because a high profile figure was subject to those inaccuracies. Their virtue is that they are fast: minutes, not days, unlike PCR tests, which look for genetic material. Here's an article from Science, arguably the most respected media source in the biomedical research field, from May 22nd: https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/05/coronavirus-antigen-tests-quick-and-cheap-too-often-wrong

The governor did the right thing. He quarantined until a PCR test could be run. Of course, he had the virtue of obtaining an answer in hours, unlike the rest of us chumps, but still...it was the right thing to do. So - SOP. Nothing strange. Nothing new. Once again, news agencies blowing stuff up to sell papers.

I understand, and if he'd had it, he absolutely did the right thing.

My eye rolling/smirk at it is, if his was a high profile false positive, how many other low profile false positives are out there that they never retest?

Therein lies the rub for me.

As for macarona, we have a company picnic this weekend and I plan on eating enough carbs to make all you guys jealous.

The governor did the right thing. He quarantined until a PCR test could be run. Of course, he had the virtue of obtaining an answer in hours, unlike the rest of us chumps, but still...it was the right thing to do. So - SOP. Nothing strange. Nothing new. Once again, news agencies blowing stuff up to sell papers (or ads or clickbait or whatever).

With regards to the CDC guidance on error rates, again - details matter. The guidance was referring to serologic tests that look for the presence of anti-COVID antibody to report whether you have been exposed or not - IN THE PAST. It's not diagnostic and cannot be used to determine if you are currently infected. This was also early in the course of the disease; testing methods have been routinely improving as we generate new biologics to detect anti-COVID antibodies. However, the inaccuracy in the antigen test that was used on the governor, which is diagnostic, occurs mainly in terms of false negatives, and it's considered to be very accurate in terms of positives. Which makes what happened with the governor less likely, but still not too surprising. All of the data is publicly available if anyone wants to dig deeper. No hidden story there.

As for a guy beating the "Rona" in 12 hours. Lol. Maybe polishing of a big bowl of the maca"rona" and cheese. I don't even know how to begin debunking that sort of claim. Please, apply all that skepticism that I read on here even to stories that validate your world-view.

Ya, thanks for the how tests work tutorial.

The positive result sure worked out great for DeWine not having to meet with the president yesterday whom he has snubbed almost as good as his rino predecessor. If I had to take a wild guess I would say politics had more to do with his test results than yet another scientific error.

Last edited:
This Monday my doctor told me that 50% of the test are wrong. We will never know the true numbers and the media wants it that way. We have another thread on the media but are there any investigating journalists anymore? They could double their staff on investigating the DOJ trying to take down Trump, Hunter Biden, corona nursing home cover ups, bogus death certificates, positive tests on people that never got tested, and anything else Corona. Sad what media has turned into, their politely agenda has made them useless to the country. Another reason you know Trump has nothing to hide, they spend all their time investigating him and his circle despite finding nothing. Ignoring everything else that could help the public.

What are we supposed to take away from this? Believe all positives in spite of this happening, and assume there are negatives walking among us that are actually positive? That makes me think anyone that gets tested should be forced to quarantine regardless of what their test says.

I agree that we will never know the correct numbers, personally I feel it is as intentional, just as at the same time the media again created a false "systemic racism" claim with the death of George Floyd.. has everyone seen the body cam footage and the autopsy report?!? It's the same that they did with Jussie Smollett.. That they did with Michael Brown... Covington High School kid Nick Sandman... That they continue to do to Trump... That they continue to do with Covid... If you see this for what it is, it's nothing more than a mind control thing. Trump colluding with RUSSIA for almost 3 years :emoji_scream: still today I debate with people that swear to me that Trump is a puppet of Putin lol that is where the debate ends because I am fully aware these people don't care about the truth or facts.
Does everyone recognize the circle of Irony with Farcebook removing Trumps post regarding Covid, Twitter freezing Trump's Campaign account over the same Covid post?
-->Trump cuts ties with the WHO, as well as funding, because they fed us false information about Covid.
--> Social Media removes Trumps post because their "3rd party fact-checkers" that uses the WHO as their facts.. disagrees with Trumps Covid posts?
Most don't see the bigger picture here but I certainly do.

I am a yankee fan and can’t stand watching him. No clue where the ball is going. The Redsox have a pitcher out for the year due to heart issues from covid. So they say. Not sure how you could prove it wasn’t pre existing.

Hope your yankees enjoy fransico lindor next year or the following. We certainly can't pay him.

Hope your yankees enjoy fransico lindor next year or the following. We certainly can't pay him.
I don’t think they will be a player. They still have to pay judge and Torres. That will be close to a billion when they are done. If only I had 12 more mph on my fastball.

I don’t think they will be a player. They still have to pay judge and Torres. That will be close to a billion when they are done. If only I had 12 more mph on my fastball.

12 more mph on my fastball would get me into a #3 starter in Pony League

Isn't that why you join a private, snooty travel ball team? I thought those were formed for all the rich kids who didn't have an extra 12 on their fastballs. Remember, everyone is an Allstar.

Isn't that why you join a private, snooty travel ball team? I thought those were formed for all the rich kids who didn't have an extra 12 on their fastballs. Remember, everyone is an Allstar.

I have a buddy who is pretty deep into that scene with his extremely talented 11 year old. Kid honestly belongs. But I don't think its healthy for an 11 year old to have the sun shine on his azz every weekend staying at hotels, and being told how great he is all the time. Not to mention the drunken humping and swinging going on between team parents after the kids go to bed.

I think my boys and I will head to the land, run a tractor and catch fish.

I have a buddy who is pretty deep into that scene with his extremely talented 11 year old. Kid honestly belongs. But I don't think its healthy for an 11 year old to have the sun shine on his azz every weekend staying at hotels, and being told how great he is all the time. Not to mention the drunken humping and swinging going on between team parents after the kids go to bed.

I think my boys and I will head to the land, run a tractor and catch fish.
That stuff wasn’t around in my day. If we traveled a hour that was a long trip. I did manage a hefty 4’s era at div3. I work with a lady that has a son in a hockey program like you describe. I don’t think it has much to do with the kids. It is an excuse for the parents to travel, get hammered and for the wives to figure out who is cheating on who. Every time they go away for a tournament she calls in sick on Monday. She has great stories about couple swapping, puking in the hotel pool, and other unspeakables.

Status
Not open for further replies.