Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
25th amendment brought on by his own party within 6 months. The VP will be press..
That’s the Plan.

That is a pretty scary thought, considering who they are picking for his VEEP

This is what bars in my town are dealing with, if you guys thought “the floor is lava” comment was a joke, I wasn’t joking, it’s an executive order. The only time you are allowed to legally stand in a bar is while going to the bathroom.
SO sitting at a bar is safe, standing increases risk of Covid so fines and threats of pulling liquor licenses.
Just drinking beer increases risk of Covid but if you eat food (even though you have to take your mask off to eat) you’re safe from Covid. Chicken wings isn’t considered food but a sandwich or soup is, soup... yes soup is a food but wings aren’t. Tyrannical...

For the record I get the mask violations but it’s not ok to stand at a bar or play horseshoes?!?

Bar #1
“On June 19, investigators with the Liquor Authority said Terwilliger violated the executive orders by serving at least 22 customers who were standing while consuming alcohol rather than being seated, and that they were also not wearing masks, according to the notice sent to the establishment. The notice also alleges that the bar was not operating a “true takeout service or dine-in under SLA (state Liquor Authority) guidance.”

Bar #2
“Additionally, the patrons were entering and exiting the premise while holding beverages, no food was being served to go with the beverages and none of the patrons were wearing face coverings,” states the notices.
This bar has outdoor horseshoe pits and that is why the customers were going in and out :/

The penalty:
“Owners of both establishments have the chance to plead not guilty and have a hearing with the Liquor Authority board. If they plead no contest before Aug. 12 a monetary civil penalty will be imposed. Terwilliger faces a $2,000 penalty and Spollen faces a $1,500 penalty.“

However, both owners could face a deferred or forthwith suspension, according to the documents.”

https://cortlandstandard.net/2020/08/01/2-cortland-bars-cited-by-state-face-penalty/

Have the entire community show up at the hearing ad sate that they will not allow the judge to prosecute. Bar owners Lives Matter

Sweden NEVER locked down. They never had a mask mandate, in fact they laugh at the "science" of the mask. They have open schools. Now they have almost no coronavirus in their country. They have herd immunity and have defeated cornonavirus by all objective measures.

Captured.PNG

https://www.newsweek.com/sweden-cov...taly-uk-despite-never-having-lockdown-1522306

Capture.PNG

Looks like across the southern US we are seeing the exact same thing. Texas, AZ, FL, CA..... The virus has a 6-8 week natural course. There is no stopping it, only prolonging it.

Capturedd.PNGCaptureddd.PNG

This was circling the web today.

Again, I don't think you understand what herd immunity is. Pointing to Sweden's declining death rate has nothing to do with herd immunity. Sweden's antibody test data doesn't show anywhere near herd immunity. In mid June, the last data showed about 10% in Stockholm had Covid antibodies. That isn't herd immunity and it doesn't keep it from spreading. Their reduction in spread has to do with people changing their behavior to avoid spreading it. Yes, some people are living like nothing has happened and that keeps some level of spread occurring. But many Swedes are hunkered down to avoid it which hurts their economy. So less travel, less eating out and drinking, less social interaction, less economic activity even without lockdown. Sweden's economy has not fared any better than their neighbors but their deaths are much higher.

Now you see infection rates starting to drop in Texas and Florida and Arizona. That is because people finally started to smarten up when things got out of control. That is not herd immunity. It's just evidence that enough people have changed their behavior that the infection rates start to drop. How slowly the infection rates drop depends on how many people start doing the right things and how long they are willing to keep it up. Other states are still moving in the wrong direction.

I agreed with quite of few of Chummer's recent points and analysis. But he came to the wrong place to appeal for common sense approaches to manage Covid.

I agreed with quite of few of Chummer's recent points and analysis. But he came to the wrong place to appeal for common sense approaches to manage Covid.
My thought have not changed much. I have been okay with masks since the beginning. We have had mandatory masks inside since April. Upstate NY is now almost virus free. I think the masks do help when you have that chance encounter walking by someone who is positive. We have only had a couple flare ups in the last month, one nursing home and a couple house parties where people came back from other states and infected a few people at the party. My common sense approach is call the riots for what they are and put and end to them, and don’t have bars where there isn’t 6 inches in between people. Other than that, open all business, put kids back in school, stop the $600 give away, and protect the vulnerable. This virus has proven you are not going to stop it so learn to deal with it.
Side note, I had a physical yesterday and had a long talk with my doctor on covid. His doctor buddy got the Phizer vaccine. He was near 100% confident multiple vaccines would work but then told me not to be first in line. I thought that was interesting. I don’t get flu shots so pretty sure I won’t be getting this. He says masks do work, schools should open, and people are crazy.

My thought have not changed much. I have been okay with masks since the beginning. We have had mandatory masks inside since April. Upstate NY is now almost virus free. I think the masks do help when you have that chance encounter walking by someone who is positive. We have only had a couple flare ups in the last month, one nursing home and a couple house parties where people came back from other states and infected a few people at the party. My common sense approach is call the riots for what they are and put and end to them, and don’t have bars where there isn’t 6 inches in between people. Other than that, open all business, put kids back in school, stop the $600 give away, and protect the vulnerable. This virus has proven you are not going to stop it so learn to deal with it.
Side note, I had a physical yesterday and had a long talk with my doctor on covid. His doctor buddy got the Phizer vaccine. He was near 100% confident multiple vaccines would work but then told me not to be first in line. I thought that was interesting. I don’t get flu shots so pretty sure I won’t be getting this. He says masks do work, schools should open, and people are crazy.
........but God is great,beer is good......

bill

I agree with everything you just posted!! Particularly people being crazy. I've never seen lines in the sand drawn so starkly based on a medical condition. It's not like we don't know how to deal with viruses. This isn't the 1800's. I'm going to grab a chainsaw and play in the woods for a few hours now, maybe the world will right itself before I come home.

Again, I don't think you understand what herd immunity is. Pointing to Sweden's declining death rate has nothing to do with herd immunity. Sweden's antibody test data doesn't show anywhere near herd immunity. In mid June, the last data showed about 10% in Stockholm had Covid antibodies. That isn't herd immunity and it doesn't keep it from spreading. Their reduction in spread has to do with people changing their behavior to avoid spreading it. Yes, some people are living like nothing has happened and that keeps some level of spread occurring. But many Swedes are hunkered down to avoid it which hurts their economy. So less travel, less eating out and drinking, less social interaction, less economic activity even without lockdown. Sweden's economy has not fared any better than their neighbors but their deaths are much higher.

Now you see infection rates starting to drop in Texas and Florida and Arizona. That is because people finally started to smarten up when things got out of control. That is not herd immunity. It's just evidence that enough people have changed their behavior that the infection rates start to drop. How slowly the infection rates drop depends on how many people start doing the right things and how long they are willing to keep it up. Other states are still moving in the wrong direction.

Herd immunity or not, we need to have as much interaction as possible so everyone gets it. Once that happens it will be over.

Herd immunity or not, we need to have as much interaction as possible so everyone gets it. Once that happens it will be over.

That’s one way or you could be safe, Social distance, wear a mask, and get the vaccine when it’s ready.

I agree with everything you just posted!! Particularly people being crazy. I've never seen lines in the sand drawn so starkly based on a medical condition. It's not like we don't know how to deal with viruses. This isn't the 1800's. I'm going to grab a chainsaw and play in the woods for a few hours now, maybe the world will right itself before I come home.

sometimes perceived medical conditions brought on by a sensationalized media. From National right down to local media everything has been sensationalized to create chaos. Example. Local paper today in big headlines. Front page. “second nursing home employee tests positive”. This goes with the same headline a week ago. Then if you read the article it states that according to protocol the employees were tested again and tested negative. Also, all the patients were retested and the lone positive also tested negative. The truth is never in the headlines. No one was ever positive but, the headlines are just meant for sensation. And this happens at all levels. these false positives are surprisingly still added to the total. Ridiculous really.

Last edited:

NY dropped off dramatically at an assumed 25%. just my thoughts but,that’s probably what you will see in these other States also. Already starting to decline in Southern areas. The biggest thing is that deaths in Florida per same infection rates are about one fifth of what NY had.

Can any one explain how the Florida Marlins all tested positive and less than one week later they are all negative? What could the odds be that they were all asymptomatic. Also, no one with the Phillies organization who was hosting the Marlins tested positive. I think all this testing is basically useless. It is junk science. More and more stories of people testing positive that never took the test. It all smells.

But it helps to panic the sheeple.

Can any one explain how the Florida Marlins all tested positive and less than one week later they are all negative? What could the odds be that they were all asymptomatic. Also, no one with the Phillies organization who was hosting the Marlins tested positive. I think all this testing is basically useless. It is junk science. More and more stories of people testing positive that never took the test. It all smells.

the marlins signed a bunch of scrubs I believe. They have 15 players right now that aren’t with the team. That’s how they are back playing. Testing worked just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.