All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enrolled my three, young, school aged children in home schooling yesterday. Going to do it for this year and then see what happens next year. I'm not going to have my kindergarten daughter getting yelled at for wearing a mask improperly.

They don’t understand that they are risking losing clients—the students.No business sense.

I generally support teachers, their union drives me nuts and they like to keep some shitty ones around forever. Like cops, they have a few bad ones mixed in. That being said put the teachers on unemployment and see how fast schools open up. I just took a 20% pay cut not to mention my commissions are way down. Why are teachers going to get paid for not teaching? They already got that deal for 4 months. Sending out online assignments do not count either. They can get half their pay for doing that and apply for unemployment for the other half. Open up the schools, if it doesn’t go well you can always close them down where needed.

I generally support teachers, their union drives me nuts and they like to keep some shitty ones around forever. Like cops, they have a few bad ones mixed in. That being said put the teachers on unemployment and see how fast schools open up. I just took a 20% pay cut not to mention my commissions are way down. Why are teachers going to get paid for not teaching? They already got that deal for 4 months. Sending out online assignments do not count either. They can get half their pay for doing that and apply for unemployment for the other half. Open up the schools, if it doesn’t go well you can always close them down where needed.

I hate unions, but my wife is a teacher. She hates the online schooling! They sent out surveys, and the majority of teachers want back to regular school days in class. My wife spent at least 10 hours a day teaching for online, on top of responding to emails well into the evening. The kids sign in, then sign back out, and you dont even know if they are on their computers, or sleeping. It was complete BS!

I hate unions, but my wife is a teacher. She hates the online schooling! They sent out surveys, and the majority of teachers want back to regular school days in class. My wife spent at least 10 hours a day teaching for online, on top of responding to emails well into the evening. The kids sign in, then sign back out, and you dont even know if they are on their computers, or sleeping. It was complete BS!
My oldest had teachers that sent out assignments but never corrected them or gave feedback. Only marked them as done or not. My youngest had a teacher email us and a few other parents the last week of the year saying our daughter was getting a 0 for turning in no work. He had a few of the emails wrong so they never got the assignments but he didn’t check it for three months. I also saw that 20% of the kids country wide turned in 0 work after the schools closed. They were never heard from once they were sent home. Online schooling would work for my kids but from a country standpoint it is a disaster.

I just won't have my kids wearing masks for 7 hours. I took Bethany to the eye doctor last week and watched her touch her mask probably 50 times. I respect most of the teachers. Hate the unions. The teachers around here I'm hearing are real worried about the wu flu (big surprise). 1 of the teachers my kids would have this year is a diabetic. Another 1 is fat. Which makes me wonder - what percent of the country used the past few months changing their habits and becoming more healthy? I'm guessing not many. Lines at fast food are always jam packed. Hopefully some people learned how to do cardio and limit their junk.

I just won't have my kids wearing masks for 7 hours. I took Bethany to the eye doctor last week and watched her touch her mask probably 50 times. I respect most of the teachers. Hate the unions. The teachers around here I'm hearing are real worried about the wu flu (big surprise). 1 of the teachers my kids would have this year is a diabetic. Another 1 is fat. Which makes me wonder - what percent of the country used the past few months changing their habits and becoming more healthy? I'm guessing not many. Lines at fast food are always jam packed. Hopefully some people learned how to do cardio and limit their junk.
I've lost 12lbs, running 8 to 12 miles a day, have gotten much faster on my running paces, and have logged almost 23,000 pushups since February. Also working physical labor outside for the most part right now. I hope that counts as improvements in health... Unfortunately most of our nation's unhealthiest have probably stayed that way.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Cat, you're the 1 guy I know on here that's a freak of nature! I'm sure there are many others...you're just the 1 I know of!

My oldest had teachers that sent out assignments but never corrected them or gave feedback. Only marked them as done or not. My youngest had a teacher email us and a few other parents the last week of the year saying our daughter was getting a 0 for turning in no work. He had a few of the emails wrong so they never got the assignments but he didn’t check it for three months. I also saw that 20% of the kids country wide turned in 0 work after the schools closed. They were never heard from once they were sent home. Online schooling would work for my kids but from a country standpoint it is a disaster.

To make it worse, word got out that our governor said all kids would get a passing grade, no matter if they ever signed in.

All reporting is skewed as we are all aware now more than ever. Our County update said today that another death is being counted and added to the County’s total. Then when you read the statement it says the person was living in another State at present, recovered from the virus and was placed in a care facility and then later on had died Counted as COVID death for our County. Who can take these numbers serious anymore.

This virus is all made up by the libs to destroy Trump,.. right?

Least it was,.. back in the day. I assume that is still true,.. don't read the news much.

:emoji_thinking:

Least it was,.. back in the day. I assume that is still true,.. don't read the news much.

Yep, most foreign countries are reporting a survival rate around 99.9%

I'll take my chances over shutting down the county again. We all got to see first hand how that went with the mass rioting/looting. The damage done to mental health far exceeds the virus.

Hard to believe that people can't figure out fact from fiction anymore. Common sense isn't common, it has become a rarity at this day and age. Never would have thought it was even possible for the entire country to go mad all at once. No relief in sight but I'm guessing it won't let up until after the election. Nothing but politics now which means slander and smear campaigns running wild.

Two things are happening with testing that I am hearing from a National Guard member doing the testing in Madison. They were doing 400 tests per day and now are doing 2000. Expect more cases if you do more testing. Number 2, each person that test positive has to come back a few days later to be tested again. If they test positive again that counts as 2 positives, not 1 additional case but 2. So no wonder we are seeing a so called surge.

The news is the problem. Sheep like you believe everything they tell you. If you can’t see the media politicizing this against trump then you probably think Biden is the answer to all our problems. It wasn’t made up by you libs but you sure have latched onto it as a weapon. Threw some race riots on top for good measure, you probably support those too. Anything to get rid of the big mean orange man. Any means necessary, right?

I actually think it wouldn’t be a bad idea to lock this thread up. I feel like everyone has said their peace many times over. I hate seeing us bicker about politics on a habitat forum. I feel like as fellow hunters and such. We are better than this and trolling one another isn’t the answer.

Wishing you all good health and a successful hunting season.... it’s right around the corner.... corona can’t stop that.

Status
Not open for further replies.