Cool Pics -Let's See Them

e2013a142db26db25f5b482e849a2f44.jpg

1123e5f19572c9c796605dcb638dfd21.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bears love to scent mark where there is food, kind of like claiming its there's , or letting other bears know they were there!
and that bait block is a big reason they showed up at that tree to rub on it marking there area!
if your trying to NOT have damage I;'d suggest placing bait father away from, tree's your trying to save
no bash, just advice!

bears love to scent mark where there is food, kind of like claiming its there's , or letting other bears know they were there!
and that bait block is a big reason they showed up at that tree to rub on it marking there area!
if your trying to NOT have damage I;'d suggest placing bait father away from, tree's your trying to save
no bash, just advice!
I'm sure you are right. That was on a lease I was part of some years back. The property was sold ~2018 so I've not been on it since. That lease was loaded with young chestnut and scrub oaks so protecting that one wasn't really on my radar.

It seemed like once they started, they would rub on it any time of the year, even though the bait was only there in summertime (pre-cwd concerns then but still no bait near hunting season in PA). I have pics of them rubbing right out of hibernation in the spring and into mid December. It's big woods with no ag, and the "plot" could never establish anything; anything green that made it to 6" was promptly mowed down.

I'm sure you are right. That was on a lease I was part of some years back. The property was sold ~2018 so I've not been on it since. That lease was loaded with young chestnut and scrub oaks so protecting that one wasn't really on my radar.

It seemed like once they started, they would rub on it any time of the year, even though the bait was only there in summertime (pre-cwd concerns then but still no bait near hunting season in PA). I have pics of them rubbing right out of hibernation in the spring and into mid December. It's big woods with no ag, and the "plot" could never establish anything; anything green that made it to 6" was promptly mowed down.
Where are you at in PA ng270?

About the middle. Just down the road from Lewistown. Lease was in Clinton Co.

Ah nice. We're not too far apart. I live south of Selinsgrove. My land is in Juniata Co. Clinton County has some beautiful country. I had a project on Rte 120 west of Lock Haven right along the river.

bears will again use a tree once rubbed to be a marking post of the likes, , so they will rub it almost every time they go pass it, and as other bears pass it they will scent mark it with there scent
its sort of how bears keep tabs on each other

I have a LOT of bears in my area, I average about 17-20 different one every yr in my back yard that I can ID, and I have like tree's in my yard they will make up every yr, its a territory thing for them
at different times of the yr they will be sending different signals, from mating season to just bigger males stating claim to an area!
bears of all ages and sex will mark certain tree's

if you ever find one they use
its amazing to monitor them with a camera, as its very very common for other animals to start scent marking the same tree, from coyotes to foxes to even different deer and where other species live like wolves , elk , moose, they too seem to get attracted to the same tree a bears starts to mark up!

929.JPG930.JPG936.JPG1036.JPG

Attachments

• 923.JPG
    923.JPG
    220.2 KB · Views: 9
unlucky red fox, seems a tree fell on it
cool black coyote, had a bunch of them running about in this color
flooded food plot, about 5 ft of water where NO water normally ever is!

a young male black bear that fell asleep walking up my steps HAHA!
a cool buck, that left side where it dips down snapped off not long after coming out of velvet, seen it in the morning and a few hours later it was broken off, and went for a walk where I seen it last got lucky and found it !

n freaky 8 2013.jpg

sleepy head (2).jpg
swimming deer.jpg

fox tree 1.jpgcoyote 2.jpg

and another odd find
came across this dead black bear, decent sized about 300 lbs or so,
no visible bullet holes, and about 1 and a 1/2 from nearest paved road in a large tract of forested land on a late feb coyote hunt
at first I thought it was a sleeping bear, as some bears will just den right on top of the ground and sleep there till they feel like moving,
and being me (I am know as the bear guy been working with bears for decades) my curiosity got he better of me and had to go POKE THE BEAR! and see if alive or dead and if dead why?

I think it might have got hit by a vehicle and made it this far before passing away, a shame, as was a nice sized male bear! and it wasn't dead all that long,

funny part is, I also found a dead mouse next to it very fresh, I and NO sign of injury on it
I think the poor sucker seen it was so close to a bear it had a heart attack and died! LOL

dead bear 003.JPGdead bear 004.JPGdead bear 006.JPGdead bear 012.JPG

dead bear 011.JPG

for you turkey hunters , turkeys ain;t so challenging some times!
?? LOL !~
buster turkey 4.jpg

Attachments

• buster turkey 7.jpg
    buster turkey 7.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 100_0348.JPG
    100_0348.JPG
    439.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 100_0357.JPG
    100_0357.JPG
    454.8 KB · Views: 25
  • 100_0368.JPG
    100_0368.JPG
    383 KB · Views: 25

Took the back way on the way home from the grocery store over the weekend. Saw this guy strutting his stuff. Had about 8-10 hens with him already which is typically a big problem for hunting them around me.