Contact Info

Crimson n' Camo

5 year old buck +
Does anyone have contact info for John? Some of the folks from the QDMA forum know a guy in the IT industry who is very knowledgeable on forums and has the resources to run them, upgrade them ,etc....They have set up a new forum to give the fleeing refugees a place to go but after talking it over, we feel like it would be best if we could merge this forum with that one and keep everyone together. They want to speak to John about it and I'm trying to get the two parties together.

My $.02

Those of us that are and have been on habitat-talk for years now really like the platform that it is on. New members are without a doubt welcome. But why change something that's not broke.

My $.02

Those of us that are and have been on habitat-talk for years now really like the platform that it is on. New members are without a doubt welcome. But why change something that's not broke.

Not really talking about trying to make major changes. Just trying to keep the folks on the QDMA forum from fragmenting in all different directions. More less just trying to get another person on board to help John run what is about to be a much more active forum that may need to be upgraded to handle more traffic etc.....Sounds like the other guy has the resources and know how to accommodate what ever happens. He has asked to speak to John and I was just trying to help connect the two.

Reactions: kl9
I think CnC is talking more about hardware (server) upgrades to handle the extra traffic and data generated as opposed to the format of the site itself (which i like better than QDMA anyway).

Another person on board like one of the ex-QDMA moderators?

Who says that John needs another person on board to help him run this?

And who says that John doesn't have the resources to accommodate the potential growth of this forum?

I think CnC is talking more about hardware (server) upgrades to handle the extra traffic and data generated as opposed to the format of the site itself (which i like better than QDMA anyway).

Correct…..it’s basically behind the scenes stuff….pooling resources.

Another person on board like one of the ex-QDMA moderators?

Who says that John needs another person on board to help him run this?

And who says that John doesn't have the resources to accommodate the potential growth of this forum?

I'm not trying to have a debate with you right now bueller. All I'm trying to do is relay the message that the guy is interested in talking to John. Cutman sent me a pm and asked if I could get the info.

Correct…..it’s basically behind the scenes stuff….pooling resources.
That's it, nothing more?

Are you sure? "There are already masses of people moving in over there. They will be needing more mod help for sure. I’d really like to see at least one or both of our mods from this forum be a part of it."

It's not my fight so I'll let John and Bill handle this however they see fit. But I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been here longer than 48 hours that would object to this.

Whats with you people?
maxresdefault.jpg

LOL......

I got the info...thanks. Please feel free to delete this thread so it doesn't cause a ruckus. That was not my intentions.

I got the info...thanks. Please feel free to delete this thread so it doesn't cause a ruckus. That was not my intentions.

No worries CNC, let it ride.

No ruckus caused. I would have gave you the contact info had I seen this earlier.

No ruckus caused. I would have gave you the contact info had I seen this earlier.

Thanks Bill.....I gave them the number to Big Rock Trees. I forgot all about John owning that.