All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Class of 2018

Mahindra3016

5 year old buck +
Mostly Liberty, Goldrush, Northern spy, a few Cortland, Golden russet, and Smith cider apple mixed in. All on m111 from Cummins, 90% cleft grafts, a few whip and tongue. I'm having a hard time deciding whether to dig them up and sell this fall and spring or give them another year.
a38c46e1d29ac8783fc648bc5a91d6e7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Let your customers decide. I’ve sold a few on and after LaborDay but Spring favored by consensus . I’ve met some nice folks delivering, delivering halfway and having people show up to help me dig em and pack em.

:emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:A Very nice looking bunch of trees!

^^^^ X-2. Really good batch you have growing there.

Thank you guys!

man if you had a few wolf river in there I'd be all over your pm box, they look great!

beautiful nursery Ben. I've had good luck selling trees in the fall and personally prefer fall planting.

man if you had a few wolf river in there I'd be all over your pm box, they look great!
Thank you, I have one planted in my orchard, but was only a second year tree with no scion wood to spare, I should have some for next spring grafting.

beautiful nursery Ben. I've had good luck selling trees in the fall and personally prefer fall planting.
Thank you, I figured I could dig them up as people want them. Do I need to wait untill completely dormant to dig up? I was planning on trying to sell some mid fall between now and rifle season, I would think they should be dormant by then.

Thank you, I figured I could dig them up as people want them. Do I need to wait untill completely dormant to dig up? I was planning on trying to sell some mid fall between now and rifle season, I would think they should be dormant by then.

Yes, I always dig my in ground trees after they go dormant.

On the table are kieffer pear and kor giant pears that I bud grafted last August to seedling rootstock..on the ground are Goldrush apple also bud grafted to seedling rootstock.
0f890f89621a02ae68be18175ccf72a8.jpg
262ab33d211c282749a4354c5f28d55b.jpg
5c9e81373eb850c6ce0becc99e4400ec.jpg

Kieffer were cleft grafted this spring, my bad!

Good stuff there, Mahindra.

Great job, Ben.

Thanks guys, it all started with one late hanging road side apple, and this forum..