chopping wood using a tire

Simple but good idea.

Last weekend on Craigslist I saw where someone was selling a chunck of wood with tire attached for wood chopping. Price was $20. I had never thought of it before but it does seem like a great idea.

A better Idea is to fire up the gas motor on the Hydraulic log splitter.;)

I have been splitting my firewood this way for around 15 years.A loadhandler in the truck box works great with this.Back up to the splitting block,open the tailgate and start splitting.I find the worst part is bending over all the time to pick up the blocks to split again or pile.From the tailgate to the splitting block to the pile without ever reaching down to pick a block off the ground.Way easier on the back and gut,lol

A better Idea is to fire up the gas motor on the Hydraulic log splitter.;)
for me it's about the exercise. I think it's a great cardio workout. Nothing like swinging the axe for an hour or two everyday. Its a whole body workout. Yes.. a log splitter is way easier. but, I like the idea of the tire so you don't have to keep standing the logs up. I thought it was a simple but brilliant idea.

We may haul a tire up to our grouse camp location where we stay in tents and split wood by hand. Great idea.

At my age........exercising could be catastrophic! I will pass on that crap!

The worst part is setting the logs up.. I can't wait to try it out.

I guess maybe I am old school. Nothing beats a good cardio workout and free one at that!!! I love splitting wood. I have an outdoor fire pit and I probably have way too much. but I give it away to inlaws and aunt and uncles. I think its fun and I also think it is good for you. I guarantee I can split wood faster than a wood spliter. I am beat by the end of it, but for me it's about the exercise. Plus, I have enough gas powered stuff.

Post hole digger?? now.. using a manual post hole digger is insane. I love my earthquake auger. Plus I usually do it in the winter and it's a good excuse to be outside dropping some mauls.

Depending upon the chunk size and whether there's knots I can usually split a truckload faster with a mall than with the splitter. Wood for my camp gets split with the splitter. Wood for my inlaws or my home I split with a mall.[/QUOTE
I said the same thing till I bought a splitter. If u got clear wood a foot across mayb, no way an ax can hang with a splitter for average wood. If u select specific wood mayb, but if u are splitting entire trees, not a chance

This might even work better.

I want this wood splitter.
Skip to about the 5 minute mark to get to the meat of the video.

I want this wood splitter.
Skip to about the 5 minute mark to get to the meat of the video.

Cut those pieces in half and slice through it in seconds w a hydraulic splitter. That thing is slow.

This one looks like fun:

This one looks like fun:

And that would be one of the reasons a lot of old farmers have one or 2 hooks for hands!:eek:

That's what I was thinkin.

This one looks like fun:

Sweet, I'll take one after this round of Russian roulette!