All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chestnuts Still no radical! WTH

"Be sure to check the tap root when you do your first transplant"

You have been 100% on with this whole deal... 5 of the 20 I have transplanted into 1 gal containers had the taps curling on the bottom, pulled them down and out and fluffed the roots out, I will likely transplant them to 3 gal containers in a bit here (basement to garage) and get them into the ground as soon as we get good weather Which is still a ways off... the growth has been crazy/rapid. I cant get tomatoes to grow this fast

Sound like you having fun and isn't that the point! Each year since I started, I've learned more and more and I'm sure there is still more that I don't know than I've learned!

Thanks,

Jack

Pretty Stoked today. Walked property checking on various projects and noticed that a chestnut tree that has catkins on it (for the first time) had a hull formed on the branch. First one for this project, very cool to notice these changes. Now if there are any nuts within that hull come fall. Along a similar line of thought, sunrise pears showing first two pears for this variety on property. A honeycrisp, which had been killed by insects, was cut back, about 2 feet above ground, has now resprouted new growth. Very happy.

Im like a kid at Christmas when I find a catkin,new growth, or green up from dormant seedlings

bill