Chestnut, Kerr, dolgo

That sounds like the golden trifecta for crabapples. I put a kerr and dolgo in Saturday. Next year I’m going to have to find room for a chestnut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lookin' good. I held back a Kerr, Centennial, and Hewe's Virginia in my backyard nursery, and all 3 look about like yours.

Wow you are way ahead of us here in Northern PA

As of today most of my trees are showing some green, some are almost there. Is now the time to start top working?

Lookin' good. I held back a Kerr, Centennial, and Hewe's Virginia in my backyard nursery, and all 3 look about like yours.

I kinda screwed up and held these 3 back another year. They each are loaded with flowers as 4.5 footers. Here's the Hewe's Virginia followed by the Kerr. I have a couple 2nd leaf Enterprise grafts in there too, and it's really impressive how late they woke up compared to these crabs.

20200501_181643.jpg20200501_181657.jpg

I kinda screwed up and held these 3 back another year. They each are loaded with flowers as 4.5 footers. Here's the Hewe's Virginia followed by the Kerr. I have a couple 2nd leaf Enterprise grafts in there too, and it's really impressive how late they woke up compared to these crabs.

View attachment 29485View attachment 29486
My enterprise is the latest tree I have to get going. Crimson crisp too. Way behind my chestnut, Kerr and dolgo.

I have all 3 of those crabs but the earliest to get going of my 50+ varieties was very surprising, my Franklin Cider trees.

I am putting in 2 Franklin ciders today. Putting in 2 Honeycrisp for cross pollination, will be interesting to see how they do.

Spud - If those are your first Franklins, I think you'll like how fast they grow. Our 2 have really grown well. Not slow by any means.

Spud - If those are your first Franklins, I think you'll like how fast they grow. Our 2 have really grown well. Not slow by any means.

Bows ... these are my first 2. Appleman had a good post about them ~ a year ago and got me intrigued. I even went to a nursury and paid more than $10 for them :emoji_grin:

Franklin Cider

I think everyone has Franklin but me.

All my trees are at tight cluster with the exceptions of Wickson crab, Florina and Honeycrisp. They seem to take the longest to wake up every year for me. I’m located in southwest Wisconsin.

I just potted 6 dolgo's today, hope they make it. I hunted a place in SC that had a grove of wild crabs in the woods. The number of deer that used that grove was unbelievable.

I think everyone has Franklin but me.
I just planted my first two apple trees ever. None of them were Franklin. 2 Dolgo 2 Whitney. I figured I'd start slow so I could afford to do a better job taking care of them.

It is addicting. Do you want a phone number for AA, Apple trees Annonymous?

Just joking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bows ... these are my first 2. Appleman had a good post about them ~ a year ago and got me intrigued. I even went to a nursury and paid more than $10 for them :emoji_grin:

Franklin Cider

Shelling out that kind of cash - you could be construed as person who has an offensive air of superiority with a touch of disdain for us little people.