All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cabin

I think we are doing alright at #11 overall and #3 for quality of life. I see MO & IN at #30 & 33 ...

Best State Rankings

I love Wisconsin. And I agree, it would be a great place to live if you can stomach the bureaucracy. I would rather own hundreds of acres than a few for the same price, especially for deer hunting. 400 acres plus a house and bldgs for about $600/year in taxes, not going to happen up there is, don't think. But, money isn't everything...

I love Wisconsin. And I agree, it would be a great place to live if you can stomach the bureaucracy. I would rather own hundreds of acres than a few for the same price, especially for deer hunting. 400 acres plus a house and bldgs for about $600/year in taxes, not going to happen up there is, don't think. But, money isn't everything...

Swat ... trust me, I am no fan of our high tax situation compared to other states. Keep in mind that the cost of infrastructure (roads, buildings, etc) will always be higher in the north than the south due to weather. Then we have an idiot Mayor in the city of Milwaukee that is building a trolley system that will travel a total of 6 miles for a cost of $200 million, yet bus ridership is 30%. The downtown merchants are thrilled about this as they are now losing all of the parking spaces on the side of the street the trolley is running.