bueller's blotter

I dropped a pile of catfish scraps in front of a camera for the heck of it. Mostly crows and turkey vultures.
PICT0007.JPG PICT0018.JPG PICT0019.JPG

Can anybody ID these?
PICT0055.JPG PICT0065.JPG

Looks like a turkey vulture and a red tail hawk.

I thought turkey vulture also in the first pic with the bird flying away but the tail color threw me off.

I thought turkey vulture also in the first pic with the bird flying away but the tail color threw me off.

That is a red tail hawk.
Looks like a red tail along with a turkey vulture in last pic.

That is a red tail hawk.
Looks like a red tail along with a turkey vulture in last pic.
Oh. I didn't realize a hawk had that kind of wing span.

Oh. I didn't realize a hawk had that kind of wing span.

Around 4 feet. I had vids of turkey vulture last year walking up to a dead skunk with its' wings spread, now that is a wingspan. I'd say it was about 6 feet.

Nice buck! Thanks for blocking out your face. Saved all of us some pain ;)

Tell us more about the catfish? How are you catching all of the cats?
Growing up as a hillbilly in the city you become quite the rough fish angler. I can catch carp and cats with the best of them. The fact that Castle Rock and Petenwell have seemingly become overrun with catfish in recent years is a contributing factor also.

Any big catfish?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice mount Bueller!

Very nice mount Bueller!
Thank you. The mount looks better in person. The pictures lack the quality and detail and are a bit underwhelming IMO. He doesn't have a record buck rack but for up in my area he is a damn fine buck.

Nice buck

Good buck in most places, Bueller. It has some mass - not a pencil rack - so the chow must be good. Here in Pa., many hunters never see a buck that nice, let alone shoot one. Nice trophy !!

Good buck in most places, Bueller. It has some mass - not a pencil rack - so the chow must be good. Here in Pa., many hunters never see a buck that nice, let alone shoot one. Nice trophy !!
I was really looking forward to sending a tooth in for aging but the taxidermist forgot to save me a jawbone like I asked :emoji_rage:. Glad I at least weighed him. From my experience in this area he had to be at least 3.5 and quite possibly older than that.

I was really looking forward to sending a tooth in for aging but the taxidermist forgot to save me a jawbone like I asked :emoji_rage:. Glad I at least weighed him. From my experience in this area he had to be at least 3.5 and quite possibly older than that.

Been there done that. Now I take the incisors before it goes to the taxidermist. Deerage.com has really good instructions on how to remove them.

Been there done that. Now I take the incisors before it goes to the taxidermist. Deerage.com has really good instructions on how to remove them.
Thanks, I'll have to check that out. On deer we aren't mounting I always cut the cheek back and do my own age estimating based on wear. Wanted to send an incisor in for this one but didn't know I could pull it without damaging the hide.

Red clover field as of this past weekend. I feel like I'm posting the same pics from last year which is good because it looks the same with no maintenance. I seeded the clover with rye August 2015. I let the rye mature and the clover grow last year. September 2016 I overseeeded with rye. Didn't spray, mow, or roll. I'll overseed with more rye in about 6 weeks. I may also add some clover fearing it may fizzle out in year 3 if I don't.

IMG_20170708_134050650.jpg IMG_20170708_133910724.jpg IMG_20170708_133916348.jpg