Buckwheat seed

rtaylor

Yearling... With promise
My local co-op doesn't carry buckwheat or sunflowers. Anyone have a place online that they like to order from?

My local co-op doesn't carry buckwheat or sunflowers. Anyone have a place online that they like to order from?
I've never bought buckwheat for Merit seed before but I see they have buckwheat for sale at a decent price but they'll probably get you on the shipping. Hancock has it for more per pound but no shipping.

Last edited:
Elk Mound Seed has it but your going to pay a bit in shipping. 50# bag for $49 bucks plus $25 in shipping I think.

Most online sites I've checked are showing $25-$35 shipping. If I was you I would check around and see if there's any co-ops that would be a reasonable drive.

Don't know how the coops work in your area, but here, the manager can order any seed I want in 50 lb bags. Sometimes I can find a better price online, but often, with shipping cost added I just buy from teh coop. When I do order seed on-line, I've use Welter Seed & Honey most often. I've been happy with them.

Thanks,

Jack

My coop just ordered me 2 bags. $51 each I think.

Grandpa rays

I have planted pennington black oil sunflower seed with great success. It is meant for feeding birds, but grew fantastic. Got it at walmart cheap.