All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brush Hog Standing Corn

I l
My local CO said no brushhogging corn allowed, he would consider it baiting. Know your local officer, seems like it makes a difference, shouldn't but it does. Law is supposed to be the law..

I must add to the above comment, my local CO has always been polite, very helpful, replied to questions quickly (even if I don't like his answer lol), has responded to poaching quickly.. etc. So other than us disagreeing about brushhogging corn, I'd rate local CO's fairly high.

I like our local warden and he has responded to trespass complaints for me.

He and I have spent plenty of time visiting about deer numbers and I do not want to cause him any trouble.

Here's what I've been wondering the last few days. Farmers leaving strips of corn so they can be driven for deer...is that a "normal agricultural practice"?
It is if the corn is left 100% standing for a wildlife foodplot. Once the farmer chooses to leave it standing then the food plot rules would be in affect.