Brush Cutter Suggestions

I agree with the comments about a rigid top link being a nuisance on uneven terrain. I just made a hinged top link for mine. Some guys are also making a short link out of chain to allow the mower to follow the terrain. It's a simple problem to fix.

Sort of like my snow plow on my ATC.
I mow my corn stalks just about every year even though I have no till planting done on my land. My Land Pride mower does a decent job. I feel like I am getting better and faster decomposition of the organic material to add to my top soil. The FEL of the tractor pushes the standing stalks down before they are mowed. I try to do this as early as possible to give the stalks the greatest time before the current years planting to decompose. I have about 5 to 7 acres of corn in any given year to help the deer through the winter. By spring, the fields are totally cleaned up with the turkeys finding any leftovers after the snow has melted. The entire job only takes a few hours of tractor time.

Are you pushing down tall stalks of just the 12-18" height after harvesting?

^^^^ Something like this perhaps?
35-130 HP with 6 ft width
Land Pride's medium-duty RCR26 Series Rotary Cutters are ideal for cutting on gently sloping or slightly contoured rights-of-way, pastures, set aside acres, and row crop fields.

That's why I mentioned medium duty rating as when you get into the decent brands, a medium duty is still rated for 100+ HP

A "heavy duty" Landpride is just that....but overkill for the OP needs and not even in the hp range of most compact tractors
50-190 HP
The Land Pride RCF36 Series Rotary Cutter is a brute, featuring a 190 HP gearbox capable of cutting heavy grass and weeds, row crop stubble, thick brush, and small trees up to 4" in diameter. The RCF36 has a smooth top design and offers a 2" to 12" cutting height range

My tractor is 6' wide at the rear tires; however, I may go with a 5' wide rotary cutter for a bit more maneuverability.

I realize the tires will push down some grass that is not yet cut, but is there any real value with matching cutter & tractor width?

I leave the corn up for the deer to have over winter feed. They are tall stalks, or rather what has become of the corn stalk after it has been standing for several months. The stalks lose about 1/3 of their tallest height by the time I mow them. I angle my FEL to bend the stalks down so the mower can do a better job of mowing them. I am happy with the results.

Does anyone have any experience cutting standing corn stalks or other fibrous items?
Does anyone have any experience cutting standing corn stalks or other fibrous items?
I learned the hard way to either cut them when they are frozen or make sure they are dry. Ever since then no problems cutting them with a brush hog.

My tractor is 6' wide at the rear tires; however, I may go with a 5' wide rotary cutter for a bit more maneuverability.

I realize the tires will push down some grass that is not yet cut, but is there any real value with matching cutter & tractor width?
Yes if you want to get real close to a fence or building it helps to have a width at least that of your tires.