Broke down and bought a tractor

Mista Paacha

5 year old buck +
Using my zero turn to mow the 32 acres of CP-5 trees was getting crazy. It did a good job but the need of a tractor was just obvious to ignore.

Kioti DK5010HS w/ loader and Woods RC6 mower. Local dealer had a 2017 still on hand for a good discount for cash.

r4QxLX8.jpg

8wNEtEJ.jpg

iVYtffc.jpg

You'll find more uses for it that just mowing, can save your with that bucket. Have fun!

Congratulations!! Our farm came with a 1969 JD2020. It was in a bad way and I've got a lot of time and money in getting it up and running. I'm thankful for it but CAN'T WAIT until I can purchase something like yours!! Again, congrats on the new toy, it's a beaut!!

Sweet looking Ride!!!!

You'll find more uses for it that just mowing, can save your with that bucket. Have fun!

Yes I’ve already been moving the brush pile around. It has the universal skid steer quick detach bucket. I’m already on the prowl for a grapple bucket.

Nice. All shiny and new....

Congrats and Welcome to the pack!
I have a new DK series too! Good little tractor so far! Mine is dk4510 and it handles a 6ft cutter like a champ!
6F43C49B-A492-4E7C-86AB-1F167FB0C6F7.jpeg

Nice rig :emoji_thumbsup:

Nice! I can't believe you were using ztr to mow 32 ac of trees!

Nice! I can't believe you were using ztr to mow 32 ac of trees!

I had to make some modifications. I added almost 400lbs of tire foam. I added a skid plate that tied the frame rails together under the motor. Blades took a beating and would get sharpened every 10-15 hours. replaced at 75. I took me around 18 hours to mow with the ztr.

The tire foam is the greatest thing ever. Its not the can crap. Tire shop slowly spins the tire and fills with foam to balance. When it cures no need for air. I was fixing tires too much. Now no air ever. Mower does ride a bit rougher, but not bad.

Congrats---life just got easier. Wondering what you have that you are mowing 32 acres? sod? Clover?

I have 32 acres of CP5 field windbreaker. We planted 16,000 trees last year. Have to note the weeds. Clover firebreak surrounds the trees. 27 acres of pollinator also. I can't mow the pollinator with the Ztr. Neighbor was mowing that. Yesterday I finished mowing the pollinator for the first time with the tractor and Woods 72". It took 12 hours

You did good. Hats off to you for mowing the 32 acres with a zero turn! You will never look back. You will just keep getting bigger and better. I predict the following:

2020 IMG_5082.JPG

60 hp give or take.

2022 IMG_5083.JPG

90 hp give or take

2025 IMG_5085.JPG

130 hp give or take

2027 IMG_5086.JPG

250 hp give or take

By the time you get to the 7 series John Deere some sense or reality should hit you. A little voice in your head will say, “how much is that one buck a year costing me at this point”.

The sad part is that progression from tractor to tractor is pretty darn close to my path. The only difference is I started with a 55hp Kubota. I also opted for the 95 hp New Holland and not the Kubota I have predicted for you. But, your future John Deere tractors are pretty much spot on with my progression up hill or down hill depending on how you look at it ha ha.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_5085.JPG
    IMG_5085.JPG
    235.6 KB · Views: 10
You did good. Hats off to you for mowing the 32 acres with a ztr

I like the way you think. I've already found a nice low hours Kubota. M70
The neighbor has an older Cat Payloader that will be mine when he finally retires. That might change my tractor progression some.

You got the cheap part over with. Now you'll be buying a bunch more crap to hook onto it (don't ask me how I know that).

Congrats, nice looking rig.

-John

You did good. Hats off to you for mowing the 32 acres with a ztr

I like the way you think. I've already found a nice low hours Kubota. M70
The neighbor has an older Cat Payloader that will be mine when he finally retires. That might change my tractor progression some.

My first Kubota was 55 hp I think had 200 hours on it and I used it for two years and sold it for more money than I had in it. I now have a JD 5055 in the lineup that only had 30 hours on it when I bought it. You have to keep your eyes open but low hour tractors are really hard to beat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You got the cheap part over with. Now you'll be buying a bunch more crap to hook onto it (don't ask me how I know that).

Congrats, nice looking rig.

-John

Yes...I have a grapple, box blade, Firminator and I made a logging rack

Next is a set of forks and a 3 point sprayer