Box of beer on MN archery license sales

2015 MN Archery licenses sales down...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Down 5%

I will say there are more deer in my area and more bucks, but a lot of those will be in deer heaven in mid-Nov

I'd be surprised if archery license sales drop off more than 10% from last year. Ripley is a separate deal. My group didn't apply this year, but we'll all be buying archery tags. I'll guess down 6.5%.

I'd be surprised if archery license sales drop off more than 10% from last year. Ripley is a separate deal. My group didn't apply this year, but we'll all be buying archery tags. I'll guess down 6.5%.
I agree about Ripley being a different deal. No reason to deal with all the people for seeing a deer or two. I would guess 4.5% decrease as bowhunters would rarely miss out on a season after all the summer prep. I will buy my one tag again this year but I have no expectations of filling it unless I get some buck luck later in the season.

...Pick your choice and post your exact guess for license sales compared to 2014 opening day.

StarTribune is reporting 63,000 archery licenses sold this opener compared to 62,000 last year.

Hunters from Iowa, Kansas, and Missouri must have read the article in North American Whitetail ranking MN #1 and decided to come to MN this year.

Kind of like the Price is Right.

Sorry, you have all underbid.

I believe she may have been promoted for adding 'lazy hunters' to the DNR rhetoric box.

Kind of like the Price is Right.

Sorry, you have all underbid.

I believe she may have been promoted for adding 'lazy hunters' to the DNR rhetoric box.

So what is the answer?

2014 - 61,967
2015 - 62,969

sales up 1.6% as of opening weekend

2014 - 61,967
2015 - 62,969

sales up 1.6% as of opening weekend
Answer- archery or crossbow hunters in Lottery areas can kill a doe. They think it will be easy.

Because there are few archers compared to gun toters and 4/5 of them don't tag a deer.

So who's buying who a box of beer?

I still don't understand this "loophole". If firearm hunters can't kill a doe why can archery hunters?

Archers are special. Kind of like the kids riding the short bus. They must be pampered and protected or they just can't make it in the real world. Give them a longer season that starts well before the regular hunters, doe permits, no blaze requirements, and allow them to hunt where only they can hunt. If they don't have those things they won't survive. Have a soul, dude. :rolleyes:

Actually I have no idea why archers still aren't included in the doe tag lottery. Back in the day it made a bit of sense, because there were way fewer archers killing way fewer deer. Times have changed.

So MN is up and WI is down

The data also reveal a troubling statistic for the agency: total bow license sales of 132,897 were 4% lower than at the same time in 2014. Deer hunting license sales are the biggest source of hunting program revenue for the DNR.

The report showed 42,245 total crossbow licenses sold through last Sunday, up 16% from the same time in 2014, and 90,652 total archery licenses sold, down 11%. The archery licenses are for users of vertical bows, including compounds, recurves and stick bows.