All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bow Hunting Buck

Steve Oehlenschlager

5 year old buck +
DSC_3364_1.jpg All though not the buck I was after....Time constraints said it was time and I took this buck at 15 yards. Thought it was a text book shot, but knew there was no exit hole as the arrow only penetrated a foot or so. I could not hear it crash due to other deer running with this buck. I looked for blood for a few minutes and decided to wait for morning. I shot him with only 10 minutes left of shooting time left. I knew we were in trouble when we returned at sun up and the trees were alive with Ravens.DSC_3353_1.jpg

The Coyotes totally destroyed my deer. It only went 10 yards farther than I could see and the reason it didn't crash was that it fell in one of my smaller clover fields. I should have went looking for it after dark, but I just wasn't confident of the hit due to the lack of blood. It never bleed more than a few drops for the first 40 yards. It went about 95 yards total. The Coyotes paid for it dearly during rifle season and are really going to pay this winter!

Congrats on the deer. I personally think you made the right choice given the circumstances.

I gotta believe you'll get a good degree of satisfaction when you dump more yotes. Nice buck regardless.

Congrats on the deer.