Blue Hill Nursery Sale

Gmule82

A good 3 year old buck
How’d it go for everyone? I was at work refreshing since 11 this afternoon. Even turned on some co-workers to fruit trees. One poor guy was so frustrated at the end he said screw it. He was showing me his phone and saying all sold out, on my phone had the quantity and definitely wasn’t sold out.

I snagged 8 female grafted persimmons and two apples.

Been hitting refresh since noon. Finally got my order in around 430pm. Man what a shit show that was!! Almost backed out when I seen the $90 shipping.... But had to much time invested today to back out. I thought everyone said whitetail crabs had the highest shipping prices but bluehill was $40 more then my order from WCs last year. Ended up getting-

Turningpoint
Cobbler Crab
Candy Crab
Kerr crab
Dolgo
Peak attraction
Roadkill crab
Big Ten

Last edited:
Good for you twalter.

Did anyone see any chestnuts? That was what I was after and I saw zero uploaded but who knows with how slow and glitchy it was. Guess I’ll have to find another source for some northern ranges chestnuts.

Finally got some stuff ordered

3 smitty’s seedling
1 sweet dog
1 lockdown crab
1 enterprise
1 Korean giant pear
1 kieffer pear
1 rifle deer pear
1 hunter’s deer pear

Last edited:
Just ordered :
4 Enterprise
2 Priscilla
1 Arkansas Black
Woo Hoo !!

Success!
3 Deer Candy persimmon
2 Deer Magnet persimmon
1 Moriss Burton persimmon
6 FD American persimmon
1 Korean Giant pear
1Turning Point crab
1 Candy crab

Will probably pick up a couple from Turkey Creek, but that's about all I can handle for each year.

Reminds me of trying to get concert tickets. But more frustrating. Spent all afternoon refreshing the page and lost my whole shopping cart a couple times due to glitches. I did finally manage to get all the persimmons and crabs I wanted, missed out on a couple pears and struck out completely on chestnuts. Someone on FB said chestnuts are usually the first to go.

His stock is incredible, but dang that shipping makes me wish now I'd called a couple more buddies to offset that some. I don't have insanely deep pockets so half dozen trees is about as big as I go. Got a couple of my favorites that have done well and also trying a few new types as well.

Reminds me of trying to get concert tickets. But more frustrating. Spent all afternoon refreshing the page and lost my whole shopping cart a couple times due to glitches. I did finally manage to get all the persimmons and crabs I wanted, missed out on a couple pears and struck out completely on chestnuts. Someone on FB said chestnuts are usually the first to go.
I was a mad man refreshing the fall draw chestnuts. Never saw any stock get uploaded. But who knows.

Starting my apple planting journey just purchased 5 Crazy ed's and 5 Kerrs =0. Anyone have any experience with those in Zone 6B?

Starting my apple planting journey just purchased 5 Crazy ed's and 5 Kerrs =0. Anyone have any experience with those in Zone 6B?
I’ve got both in 4b. Kerr is a fantastic little eater. Crazy Ed just went in this year.

I got a couple each of enterprise, liberty and 3 different pears.
The only thing I couldn't get were persimmons.

They better hurry and sell out because payday is Friday for me and if they have all those pears still I’m going to be more broke.

I are a Kerr today and it was pretty good.
I got to try one last year and was impressed with the little apple. Another one I tried last year and was impressed with was All-Winter Hangover. No wonder I have a doe always on her hind legs eating at that tree. Tasty little bugger.

I did finally give in to the peer pressure and ordered a few trees from Blue Hill to try out.

Couple Keiffer pear
One Road Kill crab
One Prime Time crab
One Winter Crabarina

I forgot all about ordering until the thread popped up. It was late afternoon and when I jumped on the site everything said sold out. I said oh well this one is on me, I will have to wait until next year. As I was driving home, another thread response popped up saying trees were available. I finished my hour drive home and was able to order:
Acorn pippen
Big dog crab
Candy crab
Lockdown crab

Overall it was a lot better ordering experience than I expected but I didn’t spend all day trying to get an order placed.

Their shipping charges are steep mine was $60 for 5 trees I know a couple years ago I had an order and after seeing the shipping I hit cancel. These had better be some spectacular trees to warrant such exorbitant shipping costs.

Blue Hill trees are terrific. I really didn’t appreciate the quality of these trees until compared side by side to similar trees from other nurseries.….markedly smaller roots and they’ve filled out much faster. I‘ve been similarly frustrated with the ordering over the past few years, but those trees I have gotten have been well worth any ordering speed bumps.

The shipping charges are high, but blame UPS. The teamsters have to pay for those raises and new trucks somehow! Shipping a box that large/heavy isn't cheap.