All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bipods and tripods

Reagan

5 year old buck +
After reading some of the stories behind the creation of the bipod market, I thought I should ask a question here.

I currently have primos pole cat shooting sticks. These are sufficient for what little predator hunting I do. I have used them for my daughter when she shoots a cross bow but I am always concerned about how the slicks can slide up and down and getting the stick caught in the X now strings. She is also only 9 so I'm thinking a tripod may help her steadiness and confidence.

So before I drop $80 or more dollars on a Chinese piece of crap, I'd like to know what tripods are out there. It must work well with Xbow, be adjustable for different ground blind situation, and not fall apart.

It seems to me that a trigger stick or similar tripod that slides would become sloppy over time and no longer usable. Is there anything on the market that is good?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

^ I refuse to answer that question....on the grounds that it may incriminate me. ;)

Check the Bog Pods....pretty good product IIRC.....although I see they were purchased by Frankford Arsenal (Midway's Larry Potterfield).....and then F.A. recently sold their brands to Smith and Wesson. Who knows what will become of that brand next? To my knowledge, every company that made a good product was bought by a "bigger fish" and moved off-shore.

I believe there is a definite void here in the marketplace. I wish I was 45 years old again. Alas.....I'd likely take the money and run....again.

Last edited:
I thought you may respond. I got a feeling that no matter what I buy will be disappointed.

I am 42. You can mentor me, I'll be a good student and you can make me rich!

I bought a BoG Pod tripod. So far I like the quality. My daughter's confidence is much higher when shooting her x bow with a tripod instead of shooting sticks. If all goes as planned, she will be in a stand and or blind with me in one week.

When I was pulling bolts from the target she asked me how strong is this thing. I turned around to see her lifting herself off of the ground and hanging from the bog pod. Did I mention that the legs were extended completely out! She weighs fifty some pounds but there were no bent legs or damage.