All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Better Brush Cutter: Stihl or Husqvarna

Victor Van Meter

5 year old buck +
I am in the market for a brush cutter and am trying to decide between the Stihl FS 56 C-E or the Husqvarna 129r. I have been beyond happy with the Stihl I currently have (it is worn out), but have been extremely disappointed in my Stihl chainsaw and blower. I have never owned anything by Husqvarna. It will be for normal trimming around the house and also cutting around my food plots I can't get equipment to. Thanks for any feedback.

VV

I would add to Echo. I have a Echo chainsaw and a extending polesaw that I'm happy with.

The Echo SRM-225U looks like what I may go with. I will have to give my local dealers a call to see if they have any in stock. Thanks for the help.

VV

I’ve got a Stihl 560 we call the zinger for precommercial thinning in really young stands of timber. Sharpened...ZING! It’s a beast.

I’ve got a Stihl 560 we call the zinger for precommercial thinning in really young stands of timber. Sharpened...ZING! It’s a beast.
Same here, used the big Stihl brush cutters precommercial thinning around 15 years ago for a summer job. Bought a 560 when I got my land. I have a lot of hours on mine and no issues besides having to clean out the spark arrester this past winter... and I have worked it hard.

If your talking about very light work and just trimming the grass around edges and whatnot anything is probably fine. I dont know anything about the husky but that stihl is a homeowners series which is meant for light use.

If your talking about very light work and just trimming the grass around edges and whatnot anything is probably fine. I dont know anything about the husky but that stihl is a homeowners series which is meant for light use.
I am not going to be clearing saplings or anything heavy like that, but prob some MF rose from time-to-time.

I am not going to be clearing saplings or anything heavy like that, but prob some MF rose from time-to-time.

I have a stihl 110 and it handles MF and other smaller items just fine it will cut through 1/2 saplings without issue with the metal tri blade also not sure how much bigger the 560 is. But I can take the metal head off and use it as a string trimmer saved me from buying two pieces of equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a stihl 110 and it handles MF and other smaller items just fine it will cut through 1/2 saplings without issue with the metal tri blade also not sure how much bigger the 560 is. But I can take the metal head off and use it as a string trimmer saved me from buying two pieces of equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Stihl 560 is a beast of a machine that is a forest clearing saw. It is 51 cc and 3.75bhp. The OP is a stihl fs 56 grass trimmer designed for occasional use. If it was me, i would jump up to a stihl fs 111 and get a brush knife kit with it. It will handle quite a bit of brush and even some saplings and also you can use it for trimming grass as well.