Best software for managing photos?

D Hunter

5 year old buck +
I have been saving photos for a long time. I have to get more organized. Have literally thousands of pics. Most of them are not noteworthy. My Mac wants me to load them all in order to loot at them in full size. Then I have to take the time to go back and delete all those pics that are not special and want to save long term. Takes all day. Surely there is a better way. I am on a Mac so not all PC software will play nice. I am looking specifically for a software that will let you see all the pics on a card in full size and scroll through them simply and easily. Then only download special pics. It also should have a file system so that I can have files for individual animals over time. Thanks for any suggestions. "D"

I think I have tried every photo management software out there (exaggerating, but close).

My personal favorite is this one ($60, you can download a free 30 day trial before paying):
https://www.acdsee.com/en/products/photo-studio-standard

It allows you to scroll through the pictures, tag the ones you want to keep, bulk rename if you so choose, and move them to wherever you want them to be kept for future reference. When done, delete all the rest of the pics on the card and you are done. Still takes some time, but it's the fastest way I've found.

I'm sorry, I'm not sure if they are cool with Mac computers or not.

-John

Sorry but it don't play nice with apple. This one is a no go. Any other suggestions. Thanks for sharing anyway. "D"

I'm using the Buckview Advanced from Reconyx. I believe you can download it off their website for free.

Adobe LIGHTROOM: BC Stone's Sheep - VLOG 006

Adobe Lightroom (officially Adobe Photoshop Lightroom) is a family of image organization and image manipulationsoftware developed by Adobe Systems for Windows and macOS.

" walk you through my photo file management process using images from my latest content trip to British Columbia to document a Stone's Sheep hunt."

I have used acdsee for years but I don't know if it is the best. This video may give some ideas. He talks about handling 13,000 pix he took on a sheep hunt.

Specifically for your trail camera pics, I've been using deerlab.com for the past several years and have been very pleased.

My wife's been suggesting a program called Recycle Bin to me. Haven't tried it yet though... :emoji_slight_smile:

I'm using the Buckview Advanced from Reconyx. I believe you can download it off their website for free.

Does this software work with other cam systems or exclusive for reconyx users?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does this software work with other cam systems or exclusive for reconyx users?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't speak for all cams but it does work with the Brownings I own and Exodus Lift cams.

Adobe Bridge you can browse keep what you want and trash the rest.

Not directly related to the OP question, but I just realized the other day that you can bulk rename in Windows 10. Highlight multiple files, hit F2, type the new name, and it assigns the new name and numbers them sequentially.

I can't believe I never knew that before!

-John