Best ATV electric seed spreaders

Joe Buck

5 year old buck +
Wanting to purchase an ATV electric seeder spreader that will handle small seeds like clovers, brassicas etc. and larger grain seeds like winter rye etc. and also fertilizer. Seeding about 2 1/2 acres . Looking for a quality one that works great, not necessarily the cheapest one. Thanks for your responses

I have the one that Cabelas put there name on. I got it on sale for 220 and saw they had them on sale for 199.00. It has a life time warranty. I picked it up earlier this year. So far I have put down 1 ton of lime and about 300lbs of fertilizer with it. I am not sure how well it will handle smaller seeds but I plan on using it for the WR/Oats/peas. I will most likely use a hand spreader for the clovers and brassicas.

Buy a Herd. It is more expensive, but worth it. I've had Moultrie, Earthway, Cabela's and others, all junk. I should have bought the Herd first, it would have been way cheaper.

I'm happy with my Fimco.

NOT HAPPY with my Fimco, had to re-engineer from the get go. Parts not drilled right, gate wouldn't open, etc, etc, etc. Must have been made on a Monday with a bad hangover.

^ Monday after the super bowl..........

DR sells them now

Anyone have experience with them?

bill

Moultrie/cabelas seeder works great. We had to replace the motor after about 8 years, but that was only $50. Small seeds are either mixed and broadcasted with larger seeds or with a hand spreader.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Used the Firmco I bought this year...

Pros...
Good seed capacity - 1.5 bushels of seed or 90 lbs of Urea
Variable speed drive more to control seed spread width & volume
Hopper design was good for moving all of the seed to the distribution slot
Spread 450 lbs of seed and over 1000 lbs of Urea with very few issues

Cons ...
Gate wanted to open when traveling to field, wanted to close when spreading in the field (solved with bungee cord)
Had issues with soy beans as a few bound in the spinning distribution plate
Mounting was a nightmare as mounting brackets are fixed width and cannot be adjusted, threaded U brackets only mounted inline with bracket (could not attach to metal support rods below ATV deck) ... had to use blocks of wood to
attach mounting bolts and clamps to hold on atv, no way to mount to my Kawasaki Mule

I modified the mount so I could attach it to the front off my RTV. Also connected a rod to the gate handle, so i can work the gate while driving.
I don't use it for fertilizer though, because its to hard to clean.

I use a ground drive pull behind spreader for large seeds and fertilizer - the fewer moving parts the better, so ground drive really appeals to me. It is close to 10 years old and has spread thousands of pounds of seed and fertilizer and it still works great. For small seeds like clover and brassicas I use a simple hand held spreader with a hand crank. It's really hard to control the spread of tiny seeds in most of the larger spreaders, so I've given up on that and just use a hand spreader.

I agree with Ben, I also use a large ground drive pull behind spreader for large seeds and fertilizer - the fewer moving parts the better, so ground drive really appeals to me. I have also found that my small 125 lb pull behind works great for small seeds. I don't load spreader till I get to plot, and only load the amount of seed for the plot. (because it leaks slowly by the gate) and that is the key, I don't open the gate and it leaks a small amount of seed as its pulled around the plot. It dispenses slowly and I make passes back and forth till the seed is gone. (repeating as often as necessary till seed is gone))

Thanks to all that have responded so far! Does anyone have or used the Lesco Truckster 2 Model # 102479 ?

I have a Fimco no issues and I have the extra mount which goes into my 2" receiver and works slick,

I have a Fimco no issues and I have the extra mount which goes into my 2" receiver and works slick,

Where is the link to what you have?

No problems just plug it into the receiver slide the spreader on and attach 2 pins. It's a big chuck of metal !

I have one of these that I meant to sell this spring:

https://www.ruralking.com/king-kutter-5-bushel-pull-behind-spreader-s-atv.html

I used to pull it behind my Ranger - but have since upgraded to a 3 point poly model.

I'd give someone on here a screaming deal if they were interested. I hate listing things on CraigsList and having every freak in the county show up to look at it.

-John

I have one of these that I meant to sell this spring:

https://www.ruralking.com/king-kutter-5-bushel-pull-behind-spreader-s-atv.html

I used to pull it behind my Ranger - but have since upgraded to a 3 point poly model.

I'd give someone on here a screaming deal if they were interested. I hate listing things on CraigsList and having every freak in the county show up to look at it.

-John
You just prefer the freaks on here !