Bear Hunting Tuesday

Love-fest in Minn. & Wisc. !!! ^^^^^^^ several posts.

Baits. We have 75 hunters this year.

That will keep you busy. I used to help a guide in northern MN years ago. We ran about 60 baits with around 25-30 hunters a year. Fun stuff unless the bugs are bad.

That will keep you busy. I used to help a guide in northern MN years ago. We ran about 60 baits with around 25-30 hunters a year. Fun stuff unless the bugs are bad.

Fun stuff but hard work. Had a few kids in last year and to see the smile on their face after they got a bear was priceless.

Good luck joe! You taking bat man along for extra bait,;) or just because you can outrun him in the event of a bear attack when your weapon malfunctions? :eek:
Out run him? YES Beer drinking? No

First arrivals this year.

Any luck on the bear front this week? Report from our place is zero sightings since we started talking about the acorn diversion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one friend who party has seen and shot one bear.
I think the acorns have shut things down.

After the cold front arrives, there will be some action.

My buddy's dad shot one over by McGregor last night. He always seems to tag out early. Nothing huge, but he got his bear.

I haven't hunted yet. Waiting for the cooler weather. Havent heard many reports yet, but I've been out of town with wifey.

So far I've hunted 2.5 nights and passed on a smaller bear opening day. Nothing the second day. Decided to let things cool off literally. Tonight I had to leave at the best time since it started lightning. I'm going to try again tomorrow night.

So far I've hunted 2.5 nights and passed on a smaller bear opening day. Nothing the second day. Decided to let things cool off literally. Tonight I had to leave at the best time since it started lightning. I'm going to try again tomorrow night.
I think this cool down will make a difference.I could help you drag him out by mid day tomorrow!

Update: Still have a nice bear coming in. Looks like a sow with cubs found it the other day too. Anyone have any tips for late season bear hunting? Specifically getting them to come during daylight? ThanksCDY_0392.JPG CDY_0001.JPG CDY_0228.JPG View attachment 7318CDY_0237.JPG

Last edited:
Update: Still have a nice bear coming in. Looks like a sow with cubs found it the other day too. Anyone have any tips for late season bear hunting? Specifically getting them to come during daylight? ThanksView attachment 7320 View attachment 7311 View attachment 7313 View attachment 7318View attachment 7322

Corn with Maple Syrup. Got several big bear to start coming in day light. Hopefully some of the hunters connect on them.