Bear Hunting Tuesday

*Hawaii5joe*

5 year old buck +
I visited my bear bait station today and found the 55 gallon drum laying on it's side. I had it chained to a tree pretty tight, but i guess these bears mean business. Hopefully Tuesday I will let something have it. Lots of different bears I think? These pictures are my biggest ones. They seem to be coming in all different times of the day.CDY_0191.JPGCDY_0357.JPG CDY_0358.JPG CDY_0385.JPG

Last edited:
The night time pic is a really good bear.

photo (1).JPG

Good Luck. I leave on Labor Day for a month to help a bear guide in Northwest Wisconsin. When all the bear hunters are done then I get to hunt and fill my bear tag.

Good Luck. I leave on Labor Day for a month to help a bear guide in Northwest Wisconsin. When all the bear hunters are done then I get to hunt and fill my bear tag.
Wow Tom! Sounds like you got your work cut out for you.

That night time bear looks like an eater huh?

Go getúm Joe!
Does it open this week?

Tom,

Hiw big is this one ?

7195EB7B-9349-4DCB-897E-6D0D798A91A1-3667-0000086247329E7A_zpsrfw5qevw.jpg
I'd say 350-400

Joe, the smaller bear I would guess at 225 and the bigger bear I would guess at 350.

NH, tough angle but I guess 400.

Good luck.

Joe, I agree with G & G. I think 225 and 350 is close.

NH, That looks like one old bear with a wide head, and scarred up face. Without the wide hanging belly though, I don't think he'd be much over 300, but the skull looks it would score well.

Tom, are you guys running baits or dogs?

Baits. We have 75 hunters this year.

Tom,

Hiw big is this one ?

7195EB7B-9349-4DCB-897E-6D0D798A91A1-3667-0000086247329E7A_zpsrfw5qevw.jpg

Old bear has a nice crease on head. Not real big could go 300. Looks like it might be an old sow with it's smaller feet and bigger butt.

Joe, I agree with G & G. I think 225 and 350 is close.

NH, That looks like one old bear with a wide head, and scarred up face. Without the wide hanging belly though, I don't think he'd be much over 300, but the skull looks it would score well.
That's the perfect size for me then. When Bear guys talk, do most refer to live weight or dressed? I've heard both from different hunters.

That's the perfect size for me then. When Bear guys talk, do most refer to live weight or dressed? I've heard both from different hunters.

I refer to live weight. All the bears taken where I help are brought in whole and weighed.

Good luck joe! You taking bat man along for extra bait,;) or just because you can outrun him in the event of a bear attack when your weapon malfunctions? :eek:

Is Batman going to be sitting in the barrel? I'd say you should give him a bacon sandwich and tell him not to take a bath... just a minute he does not take baths, right?;)