Bear food plot

ruskbucks

5 year old buck +
I have a small 1/3 acre secluded food plot that I cant decide on what to plant. My wife and I both have our bear tags this year. I was thinking of planting it in oats in the spring since its only about a 100 yards from where we bear hunt. I just picked up my seed last week. I have some BOB forage oats I got on sale and also a few bags of regular spring oats. I'm thinking the regular oats would be better? Thoughts?

Jelly donuts and a bee hive?

Jelly donuts and a bee hive?
I'm allergic to bees. That's another reason I will never plant buckwheat again. I'm surprised I'm still alive.:eek:

Ok then just the jelly donuts

cantelope, sorghum, and corn. they will crush it.

Honestly - I'd like to SEND you some bears so you have enough to fill lots of tags !! Our bears aren't fussy ........ they eat EVERYTHING !!!

I think oats would be your best bet with a 1/3 acre plot. We see bears frequently feeding in oat fields in summer. You could likely get 2 crops of oats in one season if you plant them early enough - if you plant them in April they will mature pretty early and can likely plant a second crop.

Bears are here today gone tomorrow. They have a huge home turf. Your not keeping them in the area unless they get food everyday that they like. The problem their diet changes withy he season and they eat alot of they can. I wished it worked like deer to keep them around but it doesn't.

I think planting jelly donuts for Yogi is the ticket