Bag spreader

Clover only, I use the solo 421. LArger seed the earthway 2750. Never used the 3100, but could see that being better than the 2750.. I have broke a gearbox on the earthway, but they sent me a new one for free. I have 2 of the earthways and abuse the snot out of them. Fertilizer and lime in them for years n years. I have a drop spreader for lime and fertilzer now.

I also use a 12v ATV spreader at times too. Started using fertilizer in it, but the motor doesn't like it. It's rye only from now on.

The solo is a bit slow feed for rye seed and oats. It's just enough for wheat though. I prefer to leave it set to the clover feed amount I like and leave it there.

I do numerous smaller plots, so the bag seeder does ok.

What's next?

breaking out the old avatar with Wyatt Earp?

bill

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SD. Wow. You got my attention. I understand your previous video. Tell me more. I see the benefit of that. Can it over 30 feet width. Can it be hooked up to a backpack blower or does need it to be a handheld.
If you swing a 180 degrees as you're spreading, you can cover 56 feet reliably with a dense seed. Light seed ain't gonna fly that far. If you arc it up at 45 degrees, you'd probably get 60 feet. Many moons ago I had Roger the fuel man stand out in the parking lot and I shot brassica seed at him, and measured the distance, and that's what I got. You've got to account for the 3' away from your body on each side. Then we ate gravel turnips for a while that fall.

I do about a 10 to 2 type swing out ahead of me so I can keep the light stuff flying where I want it. If it's all heavy and I'm not overly concerned with perfect, I'll walk one path and let it fly wide. My biggest plot is an acre, and I can walk that in one loop and I'm done in about 2 minutes.

You can put that blower on any tube that's 2 3/4" - 3". I just lent mine to a friend of mine, and they spread 30 lbs of red clover off the back of their wheeler. One guy drove, one guy rode on the back and just pointed the blower.

Need to put 1 pound of copper sulfate powder on a half acre? No problem.

I did not invent the blower.

SD you may not have invented it but it sounds like you have perfected it. That's amazing you can cover an acre that quickly. Why Johnny Ringo it looks like somebody just walked over your grave. Or

I actually have one that I have never used

Does anyone know what earthway changed on the bag spreader to make it worth 20 dollars more or is it just that their name is on the bag now instead of the plastic base? If there's no real difference I'll likely try and get one of the old ones while they're still available.

Does anyone know what earthway changed on the bag spreader to make it worth 20 dollars more or is it just that their name is on the bag now instead of the plastic base? If there's no real difference I'll likely try and get one of the old ones while they're still available.

Over past 3 years material supply chain issues, cost of materials, inflation, etc. have all driven the price of goods up. Steel prices over 2021 to early 2022 saw dramatic increases. Buy it now, inflation expected to continue for another 12-18 months.

I thought about getting the solo just for spreading rye grain, but you think the earth way is better for oats and probably rye too? I spill so much trying to fill the soft sided spreader, just thought would be less spillage dumping bags into the solo.

You will be there all day spreading oats/rye with the solo. I can fit close to 25lbs of rye in the spreader at 1 time. And cover some serious ground, You will not be happy spreading it with the solo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk