As batteries

Yarg

5 year old buck +
I mainly use the Bushnell trophy cams and they have great battery life I've been using regular Energizer for the warmer weather and then I put the lithium's for the cold or regular Duracell which seem to last as good as the lithium interesting enough.. for the remainder of the warmer weather there's some great sales on rayovac high-energy and Eveready gold have any you guys got experience with these and see any kind of difference thanks

I’ve always had my best luck with Duracell’s. I’ve tried others including the Energizer max and they just don’t seem to last as long.

I've switched to Energizer Lithiums year-round and haven't looked back.

Duracells for my Bushnells. I get really good life out of them. Pretty much 2 sets for the whole camera season in photo mode, July-Jan. I really haven't tried anything else.

I use lithium only.....but I run video, but have few deer so fewer triggers. Nothing is more frustrating than going out to pull your card and the batteries are dead! I intentionally will swap mine out about 10/1 to ensure I am good to go thru hunting season and not miss any more than needed.

I use rayovac high energy and for the most part I don’t see a difference in performance vs energizers. Lithium’s if you can swallow the cost though is the safest route to go for performance.

Another vote for Duracells, I run cameras year round non stop and change batteries maybe three times a year.

I had lithium last through the coldest winter I can remember and didn’t change them til August.

BTW they were working fine when I changed them. I just didn’t want to risk dead batteries after letting the cameras sit for a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep I just replace them after 10 or 12 months and pop them into kid toys where they continue working for quite a while.

I change my Energizer Lithium camera batteries 1 time a year, usually August, and they are out all year, with moderate use. The batteries usually still work and I will use them in remotes and other random things at home for another year.

Last edited:
Over it's useful life, lithium batteries output at least twice the voltage of an alkaline battery. That's make the price difference negligible, depending on how and where you buy them and in what quantity. For me, the advantage of a lithium is it's day-over-day consistent output. Right up to the end, it's sending almost as much voltage to the trail cam components as it did on the first day. Alkaline batteries not so much. The last third of an alkaline's life it's only marginally productive. The infrared array isn't getting the voltage it needs to operate efficiently leading to some sketchy pics. Or, that's been my experience.