All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arcus gets his first buck

Awesome for 11. I have to beg my kid to shoot his bow but he always wants to hunt.

If he does not practice he can't go. He finally shot some arrows to my satisfaction and off we went. (There may have been some tears last week)

I buy him 1916 Easton Jazz arrows as they are the cheapest I can buy raw shafts. They have the swaged style nock ends with glue on nocks. He spends more on arrows than his mother and sister do on shoes. And thats saying something.

Looks like he bent that one on that buck - time to pony up and get the boy some carbons!

Congrats on great memories made. Great buck.

way to go, Arcus! That buck has unique antlers.

Congrats Arcus! Good kid he is! Nothing better the sitting side by side witnessing this happen with a new hunter.

Congrats to the young man and his proud papa!

Batman and Robin Hood. Way to go Arcus.

congrats to the young lad!

"nice little buck huh? Yeah I'll take it". I love it. Good work Brooks and great work to the boy.

Awesome shot, great deer too. Congrats to you both!!

Well done Arcus!

Congrats to both of you. Good job on the video. I need to try and remember to that.

That is awesome! Great buck! How much weight does he draw back and what broad head? My stepson is 10 and just curious what you recommend. His Dad has him shooting a expandable but I have him put on a Magnus Stinger when hunting with me.

Nice to see all the work you do on your land paying off and kudos to Arcus!

That is awesome! Great buck! How much weight does he draw back and what broad head? My stepson is 10 and just curious what you recommend. His Dad has him shooting a expandable but I have him put on a Magnus Stinger when hunting with me.

Magnus stinger, easton jazz 1916, 30 lb Hoyt Rampage at 22 23 inches maybe? It will reach the opposite side, maybe not poke through. Expandables on deer a mistake in my opinion. I have one (opinion) on lots of things.

Magnus stinger, easton jazz 1916, 30 lb Hoyt Rampage at 22 23 inches maybe? It will reach the opposite side, maybe not poke through. Expandables on deer a mistake in my opinion. I have one (opinion) on lots of things.

Yeah that's what I think on low poundage or short draw lengths. I don't mind them if you have a the right poundage and draw length. Very awesome deer and experience to share for both of you!

A big congrats to you both. That's the way to start them out.