All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Tree Trunk Paint Mix?

piker53

Yearling... With promise
I have read on here about painting the trunks with a mixture of 50% white latex paint and 50% water and a dose of Sevin, to treat for sunscald and kill borer insects.....I can’t seem to find the recipe....

Also, this seems like a knuckle head question....does it matter if it is interior latex or exterior???

That is exactly what I use. I think Ben used permthrin. Me, I use sevin but really not much.

Didn't someone on the forum use some joint compound (spackling) in their mix also ?? Or am I not recalling correctly ?? I haven't done this, so I have no experience with the recipe.

Didn't someone on the forum use some joint compound (spackling) in their mix also ?? Or am I not recalling correctly ?? I haven't done this, so I have no experience with the recipe.

Maybe. I have never used that but i do recall reading that somewhere.

Yep I remember the joint compound thing from someone on here.

I'm a fan of spray white flex seal personally

Does anyone recall the amount of Sevin used per gallon of mix?

I've used 50/50 latex paint and joint compound with permethin added lasts about two seasons.