All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple ID help needed???

George can I ask how much you sold the bushel of 2nds for. I still have tons of apples I can sell for eating or cider but have no outlet to make it happen The cider I made today from 100% HC is amazing. Almost too good to turn into hard cider

Paul

Pau, I sold them mostly for half price, so if I got $16 per peck on HC's I got $8 for HC 2nds. I just sold a bunch of apples (2nds) going to a local Pastor who is showing kids how to make cider, for $10 per bushel. Going to a good cause in my book! Normally I get about $15/bu for 2nds.

Stu, yes I just get them out of the orchards to keep them clean. They should be ok to just drop, but I like to get them off trees and out of the orchards. I actually had to get permission from the local game warden as it is against the law to bait deer w/ apples here...No I don't want to get into a CWD debate! :)

Ya, I know, I could just see it (cwd)coming up!

Dang I took my wife up to Maine for a quick get away, so I didn't hunt tonight. Just glassed a few out back feeding on apples! Bad wind for it anyways. They clean them up outside the main orchard, which is fenced, but I do get the bad ones out of the fenced trees.

Here's a view from a stand out back. They are under these trees right now! SMHDSCN2935.JPG

Weeds! They just got sprayed a couple weeks ago.

image.jpg Passed this buck last night he was heading to the apples. I hunted tonight in wind and chased 2 young ones from orchard as I left. This deer was literally 10 yards from me