All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App to track fertilizer or spay coverage?

khizzle

Yearling... With promise
Is there a decent phone app recommendation that will help guide me to ensure I get good coverage if I spread fertilizer or spay? I have odd shaped plots so just doing straight grid lines isn’t working too well. I have a boomless sprayer and about to rent a buggy to spread fertilizer and want to help prevent overlap or missed spots.

Sorry if this has been discussed I couldn’t find much from the search function.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is there a decent phone app recommendation that will help guide me to ensure I get good coverage if I spread fertilizer or spay? I have odd shaped plots so just doing straight grid lines isn’t working too well. I have a boomless sprayer and about to rent a buggy to spread fertilizer and want to help prevent overlap or missed spots.

Sorry if this has been discussed I couldn’t find much from the search function.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Not a bad idea but I haven’t seen it.

Try tracking on onxhunt app. Will track your exact path.

Agribus-navi. You can program the width of your sprayer.

I have a hard time seeing a phone being accurate enough. Just sitting in one spot and looking at something like OnX maps, the blue dot indicating current location frequently moves all over the place.

I have a hard time seeing a phone being accurate enough. Just sitting in one spot and looking at something like OnX maps, the blue dot indicating current location frequently moves all over the place.

I guess without wanting to buy extra equipment for actual ag GPS system I thought the phone might be accurate enough if you could enter spray widths. It would be just a little more accurate than just following a tracking line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Psssst.....over here:
https://deerhunterforum.com/threads/guidance-method-to-spray-crops.5892/#post-103783

Unless you have a device than has differential correction capabilities I doubt anything cheap enough for "us" to consider won't be anymore accurate than eyeballing a route or using foam markers. Does anyone use dye in the spray mix?

Psssst.....over here:
https://deerhunterforum.com/threads/guidance-method-to-spray-crops.5892/#post-103783

Unless you have a device than has differential correction capabilities I doubt anything cheap enough for "us" to consider won't be anymore accurate than eyeballing a route or using foam markers. Does anyone use dye in the spray mix?
I use dye but blue dye on green plants hard for me to see.

I agree. For food plotting good enough is good enough!

I have used the dye. Useless from my experience except to prove that I actually did something since it gets EVERYWHERE!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tying surveyor tape to the vegetation as a visual guide helps. Over fertilizing not a big issue, too much herbicide can cause issues. You can always go back and spot spray.