Anyone want to be my neighbor?

http://www.whitetailproperties.com/...trappe-river-cabin-base-camp-trails-hardwoods

Just a little bit down the road from me. I think they are asking too much for what it is but that is just me.
Realistically speaking how much of a premium do you think is being added to the asking price because of it being a Whitetail Property listing? I'm just curious.

I would but the neighborhood sucks!:D:D:D:D

Just wank'n your chain BJE! WI is WAY to cold for my pansy butt!!!!!

Thick skin is my middle name. Just be prepared to receive it. :)

Realistically speaking how much of a premium do you think is being added to the asking price because of it being a Whitetail Property listing? I'm just curious.

They actually were asking the same price before they listed with WP. They are getting this price based off the 80 that sold to the north of this property. The problem is that 80 had a ton of great timber that was ready to be harvested and this one has been select cut. No way is it worth as much as they are asking. If I was putting in an offer I would say 175K would be about fair selling price.

Thick skin is my middle name. Just be prepared to receive it. :)

They actually were asking the same price before they listed with WP. They are getting this price based off the 80 that sold to the north of this property. The problem is that 80 had a ton of great timber that was ready to be harvested and this one has been select cut. No way is it worth as much as they are asking. If I was putting in an offer I would say 175K would be about fair selling price.
If I dish it out I fully intend on a response and a little retaliation. Just couldn't pass up the jab and a little fun. WI is way out of my comfort zone. That much snow and cold - no way, I'll pass.

That will sell at $215,000 soon enough. The west access sucks though.

Put your offer in yet?

;) Not yet BJE. I think I would have a hard sell with mamma that far from home. Besides, as much as my knees hate traversing these hillsides over here, I am taking a liking to the place, and the trout fishing here is as good as it gets east of the Rockies.

When I talk land with people nobody seems to consider prevailing winds and their access to the property. It was a big deal for me when I purchased land. Nobody else seems to think about that other than on here.

I can stand by the cabin and cook a steak and 90% of the time the scent is going across the road. It also factors how far your noise is being heard by the deer.

It is a huge deal IMO. It may not be a total deal breaker in a land purchase, but it would weigh heavily(at least for me). Sure, many will tell you that the deer will "get used to you" near and around your cabin site, and that is true to some extent, but it doesn't mean they have to like it, and if that can be overcome by choosing an equal property with better access, all the better. After all, it is our money we are spending and we should look at what gives us the greatest advantage over the deer when at all possible.

It is a huge deal IMO. It may not be a total deal breaker in a land purchase, but it would weigh heavily(at least for me). Sure, many will tell you that the deer will "get used to you" near and around your cabin site, and that is true to some extent, but it doesn't mean they have to like it, and if that can be overcome by choosing an equal property with better access, all the better. After all, it is our money we are spending and we should look at what gives us the greatest advantage over the deer when at all possible.

Deer getting used to you at the cabin site only applies if you are by your cabin enough for them to get used to you. If you don't live there and don't go up almost every weekend I don't think them getting used to you is a factor at all. Otherwise you just tip them off that you are there and hunting them if they smell/hear you at your cabin.

Take guys that run big generators at their cabin. The deer can figure out that everytime that generator is running that there are people in the woods. And then no generator= no people. Eventually when they hear the generator they will move on or only move at night to avoid you.

Last edited by a moderator: