Anyone venture a guess on weight of this kitty?

John, I meant to put this in the trail cam forum. You can move it if you want to.

Over 30 easy.

Nice pic.

Looks like he's been eating very well. Probably putting a dent in the bunny population.

Looks like he's been eating very well. Probably putting a dent in the bunny population.

There are plenty of bunnies around on my place, so I would saw he gets plenty. Something else interesting about this - we think of bobcats of always being in the timber - this one is at least 200+ yards from any woods. I've had him on camera a lot recently, but this is the first daylight pic for quite while. There are a few more around but not near his size.

Moved... Sweet cat pic!

-John

Stocky looking cat but without anything to reference it by in the picture I would say 30lbs.

I agree he might go close to 30,anything over that is really big

My father set up with a predator call this afternoon, trying to call this old boy in. No cats, but 3 yotes came in and 2 of them got introduced to his 223. Great afternoon.

Keep us posted on the tally Dad racks up ........;)

30-35 maybe. Have you tried trapping him Native ?

30-35 maybe. Have you tried trapping him Native ?

Thanks woodduck. No, my job keeps me traveling too much to run traps. I could let a guy I know come in and do some trapping, but dad has been wanting a cat to mount, and this one would be a dandy for that. Season just went out, but hopefully he might get a crack at him this coming fall. And between now and then, we will have plenty of yotes to practice on.

He certainly will make a beautiful mount, Best of luck to your Dad. I'm sure if he can call up the yotes then he'll eventually meet up with that fella!

My father set up with a predator call this afternoon, trying to call this old boy in. No cats, but 3 yotes came in and 2 of them got introduced to his 223. Great afternoon.
nh-your pops is the kind of old timer, I'd like to have a beer with and let him tell me about life.

nh-your pops is the kind of old timer, I'd like to have a beer with and let him tell me about life.

I think a failure of our society is not placing enough emphasis on passing down wisdom from generation to generation. My dad and many others like him have more good advice to offer than we can find anywhere else in life. I have always admired my dad. He would enjoy setting down with lots of guys on this forum who enjoy hunting and shooting and sharing his life stories.