anyone out moosin' in Maine?

mikmaze

5 year old buck +
My niece is up today in Greenville volunteering at the checking station, taking weights, measuring, and pulling a toothe for aging. Talked with her this moring and they had 5 checked in already, one just under 900 lbs...... dang horse with antlers!

Tell her to take some pics for you to post up, I would sure like to see them. I've only ever seen a few live moose in my life and one dead one hit by a car in the UP when I was a kid.

Moose hunting is on my bucket list .... post pics and any stories you can.

Moose are really fun to hunt,hunted CO and WY,heck it's cheaper now to hunt NF than WY and that includes flying there.

Ontario use to have pretty darn good moose hunting. The whitetails have been taking hold and giving mosse brain worm. Their populations are on a fairly steady decline.

Not a moose hunt and not in Maine but in 2015 my son and I were in CO muley hunting and had moose encounter that was pretty cool.

We had just come up out of a creek bottom and hiked across this meadow to the treeline on the other side.

N09LOfM.jpg

When we got to the other side we turned around to see 4 moose coming up the trail we had just came up. The trail is cut into the hill on the right side of this pic.

nc0YDMt.jpg

They fed out in front of us and off to the east out of sight.

zyiFL9n.jpg

We hiked up the mountain and to the east and about 4 hrs came down and bumped into these same 4 moose at about 25 yds, they apparently had went into the timber and bedded down. These are really big animals at that distance.

OKNg2ds.jpg