All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone else need AA classes?

AA meetings tend to turn into scion exchanges and grafting classes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ain't that the truth. :emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:

On a side note, pulled over 60 ticks off my dog when I got home. Had to bust out the trimmer to give him a buzz to help find em. Used that bravecta stuff, does not seem to be working.[/QUOTE]

I use the Seresto collars with very good results. Pricey until you figure that they last for 8 months.

You are going to love those Evans Bali cherry trees TBT! I planted 2 of them in 2008 and they grew great and began producing early. We were getting great crops of cherries within 3-4 years...and they made fantastic pies! Not sure what happened but about year 6 they became "ill". They grew fewer and fewer leaves and died within 2 years. I am in Upper Michigan and we had very brutal winters in 2012, 2013 and 2014 but I know these trees were developed in Minnesota and are supposed to be very winter hardy so I think something else got them. Hope you have good luck with yours.

View attachment 18204

View attachment 18205

View attachment 18206

View attachment 18207

Here is what they looked like at year 5...and I lost them within a year or two after this photo was taken:

View attachment 18208

Those look great. Do you have any problem with birds getting to them before you can?

Hello, my name is TBT, an I'm an Applleholic

After last weeks all out planting frenzy, I felt a void come Monday when all was said an done.

I think I blacked-out, an when I came to, I found myself at the local conservation district, reciect in hand.

One sweet sixteen an a prairie fire red crabapple were the culprits
But what suprised me the most
2 Evans Bali cherries
Needed a stronger fix I guess.

I need help
Amiditing you have a problem is the first step to recovery right?

Think I might be to far down the rabbit hole at this point! ; )

No, I don't have any problems like that. My wife chains me in a barber chair during planting season, and when I come out of the trance in June, she releases me and I'm just fine......

Last edited:
On a side note, pulled over 60 ticks off my dog when I got home. Had to bust out the trimmer to give him a buzz to help find em. Used that bravecta stuff, does not seem to be working.

I use the Seresto collars with very good results. Pricey until you figure that they last for 8 months.[/QUOTE]

I use to have the same issue with my dog. We use Bravecto ($60 pill for 3 months). I have not seen a live tick on her in 2 years. Wish they made one for humans.