Anybody else watched these?

Prolly lack of sleep
Have you seen Tif!!??

I have it on a good authority that even naturally beautiful women can in fact piss their man off somehow some where. ;)

And for A.D. Vice verse :)

On small acreage like that just the scent control you use will be a game changer. You're probably right that your're not going to be able to house a bunch of bucks.

Yup...I'm not gonna house one buck..let alone a bunch...lol! My property is a property that sets up perfectly as a "doe factory". I actually try not to encourage ANY bedding on most of the property...because access would be impossible. Secure, highly attractive food, water, and "conditioned" pressure...combined with prime doe bedding on the neighbor's directly adjacent to my line...makes my place hunt bigger especially during the rut!

Sent from 25 ft up a tree

I agree with John - post #8. I've " kept walking " and not made " stop & stare " eye contact with deer ( bucks and does ). They didn't panic and stomp their feet or act out in any way. They just froze and - I guess - took it for granted that I hadn't seen them. I've even kept walking slowly and drawn a bow ( and raised my rifle ) all while walking and not making eye contact, all the while slowly turning to aim at them. I think the lack of eye contact and the slow, continual movement had them thinking they hadn't been seen. I pulled that maneuver on a big 9 pt. once ( after I had filled my tag !! :( ) and he never flinched at a distance of about 40 yds. I managed to get the crosshairs on his boiler room while slowly moving on a woods road and not looking directly at him. I acted as though I hadn't noticed him and he stayed frozen in place. Had I not filled my tag, I could have dropped him dead right there.

John's comment about " keeping walking " while deer are watching you is valid in my experience. And to Phil's " conditioning " of deer by regular exposure to humans - we see it at camp when working in woods or fields. We can be plowing, planting, fertilizing, pruning, etc. and as long as we go about our business and don't act " predator-like ", deer keep on eating and stay relaxed. I think you guys are both correct.

It's funny you mention it...while watching both videos I felt that he seemed different...couldn't put my finger on it at the time...but yeah...he does seem like he could be sick. Hopefully not.

I wasn't trying to discount his ability to target, hunt, and ultimately kill mature deer...more a commentary on how the heavily commercialized media production seems to have watered down the perception of his skill set.

Sent from 25 ft up a tree

If I recall correctly, he is pushing 50 or is there. His doe is about 10 years younger and if you had to keep her "tuned up" at his age, you would look worn down like a buck after his second rut too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Now to the videos. First, I have always like the Management Advantage guy and his shows. Second, I agree with what Lee is saying entirely. It is the basis of our/my approach to my properties. Out of the three we have tried three different approaches, and in my opinion we are better served my making sure there is A LOT of activity on the farm from February through September 1. I want the deer to get use to us being in there while there is little activity on the neighbors property. Then starting September when neighbors start hanging stands and ramping up activity, scouting, walking in to set cameras, you name it, we are ramping it WAY back. It just seems that our deer get even more comfortable with us there in the fall. I also agree that even if you have 400 acres it is wise to have as many other spots, even if you don't own them, to hunt as possible. It really helps. Why pressure a spot if there is nothing in there you don't wan to hunt?

I don't have anything against LEE and TIFFANY, glad to see anyone who carves out a living for themselves and isn't waiting for a government hand out. I will say that I have hunting in the western part of the Midwest a fair amount including Iowa, and there deer are different that what most of you hunt. The biggest example was noted when I first went to IOWA, my buddy put me in a VERY short ladder stand, maybe only 12 feet tall, and it was on a fence line to boot with a huge field on either side. I though there is NO WAY a deer comes by here without seeing me. I was wrong! Those deer just never looked up, period. When I went to Illinois to hunt with Matt again all ladder stands. Again, you might as well of been on the moon. Go to KY, WV, OH, PA, MD and get 12 feet off the ground in a ladder stand and let me know what happens :).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk