Anti-freeze for sprayer?

2ndHand

5 year old buck +
What is the best way to prevent sprayer, gun, and nozzles from freezing- other than making sure they are completely dry? I thought about using windshield wash that is good to 27 below, but that probably isn't good enough for my location, can I use regular automotive anti freeze?

Thank you!

I just make sure everything is clean and dry. If you want to use an anti freeze then go with and RV antifreeze.

If I were dealing with temps that cold, I might be tempted to install a port for an air compressor and simply blowing out the lines before storage.

Clearly I won't see anywhere near your wintertime low temps but I loosen or partially disassemble all the fittings on my sprayers. It allows better drying and even if there is some moisture remaining, when it freezes it can freely expand without cracking something that'll need to be replaced.

What is the best way to prevent sprayer, gun, and nozzles from freezing- other than making sure they are completely dry? I thought about using windshield wash that is good to 27 below, but that probably isn't good enough for my location, can I use regular automotive anti freeze?

Thank you!

You would put those type of chemicals on your plants & trees ... really?

Maybe it is time to shut things down.

Just run a little non-toxic RV anti freeze thru it. Make sure to run it thru the wand as well as the boom if you have both.

Agree with the use of non toxic RV anti freeze and running thru the wand and spray nozzles. Rather than pouring a lot into tank, I'm able to reach into tank and put a smaller container(water bottle with head cut off) around intake hose and use a long neck funnel to keep it filled while running sprayer which drastically reduces amount of rv antifreeze I need to use.

Rv anti freeze is what I use in my sprayer.

Thanks for tip.
I just make sure everything is clean and dry. If you want to use an anti freeze then go with and RV antifreeze.

Thank you!

Agree with the use of non toxic RV anti freeze and running thru the wand and spray nozzles. Rather than pouring a lot into tank, I'm able to reach into tank and put a smaller container(water bottle with head cut off) around intake hose and use a long neck funnel to keep it filled while running sprayer which drastically reduces amount of rv antifreeze I need to use.
Thanks for the helpful info!

Thanks for the suggestion...

Just an unrelated note to 2ndHead. I visited Cain's Orchard Yesterday...sold out of apples...:(

It's been said but I will say that I use " Pink RV antifreeze" in my Demco sprayer. I triple rinse the sprayer in the spring before doing any roundup spraying. Kind of a shake down for the machine to see that everything is working or not.