All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alone show season 2

Jameson

5 year old buck +
Was a thread about the first season on here that got me interested in the Alone show. Season 2 starts in a week. Here is a link to the history channels website with all of last season's episodes, and a bunch of teasers for season 2. http://www.history.com/shows/alone A mix of guys and gals this year for contestants. They seem to be prepared for the conditions there from having last season to show them what it would likely be like.

Well to maintain viewers they will need to do a 180 ... say the middle of the desert somewhere.

They are back on Vancouver Island. Having women as contestants seems to be the big change to add viewers this year. The website has a special episode available with signing in with your tv provider. Available to everyone on the website is the extended launch videos for each contestant. They are including in the launch videos a little part of what 10 items each person packed in the backpacks.

Well to maintain viewers they will need to do a 180 ... say the middle of the desert somewhere.

The desert is the one place that I would have no desire to attempt a survival challenge! That be tough

I think you guys will be surprised at how well the women do. I watch "naked and afraid" some and seems like the women do better then the men regularly...

I hope somone has to nads to put an arrow through a black bear this season!

I wouldn't be surprised at all if 2 of the 3 women did very well. The reason many contestants from the first season tapped out was missing their kids and family. Will be interesting to see if the women are affected more, less, or the same as the men by being away from their loved ones. Only one person brought a bow and arrows this season. Last season it was reported that is was anything goes for killing animals. This season they showed the game wardens prepping the contestants in the local game laws. Many on the first season brought along rations,this season many have brought along two packs of rations. Wonder if this year if some are just going to try to last as long as possible without really trying to hunt.

First show done and one guys doesn't even make it to the first night. Military veteran that wasn't used to being alone. The oldest and biggest woman seems to be doing good, one other lady is battling to stay $#@%$ dry. The MN guy looks to be struggling some, not sure how he will fair.

Already renewed for Season 3 in South America.

I am not dong naked and afraid - no shoes!!! I would not do 21 days in my house without shoes! However I would like to try Alone.