All Day Sits!

I rarely sit all day but when I do its always the same day - November 11th. I always have it off being Veterans day and it is usually smack dab in the middle of the rut! Looking forward to it this week - deer are just starting to kick it up a notch here - havent seen any evidence of does in heat yet but any day now :)

I admire guys who can pull off all day sits. I just can't do it mentally. I don't bring a phone, or a book, and no box blinds...I sit in a tree and just watch, listen, think, and take it all in...about 4 hours is all I can do. Maybe I need to try it with a phone or a book or something. My gramp was fond of saying "setters are getters." I just lack that mental toughness needed to pull off an all day sit.

Yep, I just grind it out. I have no cell service where I am headed this morning, and I don't read books. I am in the heart of the bedding area today, its thick and if you looked down for even 5 seconds you may miss your opportunity. So no distractions of books or phones. Sitting all day today I think, with this nice north wind. Its a little cooler out so that may help some. Its Game Time Baby!

I can't help but think of all the projects I should be doing.

Heck,I think about habitat improvement all the time anyway

bill

I can't help but think of all the projects I should be doing.

Heck,I think about habitat improvement all the time anyway

bill

It certainly is harder to sit all day when I'm hunting at home because of the chores and stuff I should be doing. But if I'm hunting away in another state, it becomes a bit easier to sit all day. After all, what else am I gonna do if I'm not in the tree?

I admire guys who can pull off all day sits. I just can't do it mentally. I don't bring a phone, or a book, and no box blinds...I sit in a tree and just watch, listen, think, and take it all in...about 4 hours is all I can do. Maybe I need to try it with a phone or a book or something. My gramp was fond of saying "setters are getters." I just lack that mental toughness needed to pull off an all day sit.

Even though I sit all day, I have to admit that there are times that sitting in the same stand all day is not the wisest choice. Sometimes the stand I'm in is a better morning stand and I have other stands that are better evening stands. Moving to another stand can make more sense and it definately makes the day go faster.

To me, all day bow htg sits are like hunting in the rain. So guy, some where shot a monster sitting in the rain ... so it must be true that the big ones move in the rain ... right :rolleyes:

I can do 3.5 hours in my hang ons maybe a bit more if the deer movement is good. I know my limits and want to avoid getting burnt out mentally and physically.

Hats off to the all day bow sitters ... Your brain can only absorb what your azz can endure. :)

Back in to take a crap, moving to a different stand with a better wind. That means I didn't sit all day!

Back in to take a crap, moving to a different stand with a better wind. That means I didn't sit all day!
You were sittin on the crapper, does that count?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

My all day sits aren't always in the same stand. That depends on deer movement. If deer are regularly trotting around, sniffing trails, hitting scrapes, etc. - I'll sit tight. If I move, it's typically to another stand based on wind / likely travel corridors. But I'm still staying ( sitting ) out all day. No going back to camp, car or out of the woods in any way. I still LOVE to go dark-to-dark. I think about home projects, habitat work or locating a new tree stand ( those 2 are common thought processes ) while waiting for a buck to come by. I can still think of other things while being on red alert for movement or sound. I am in constant scanning mode. And I'm patient as a stone.

Good luck this ev buckchaser!

Sat all day, well After staying up until 3am, I didn't get out until 8am, but stayed until dark. Saw 5 different bucks, none of what I was looking for. Most of the does are still paired up with their fawns. bucks are just walking around in the woods. Not really anything happening yet!

Sat all day, well After staying up until 3am, I didn't get out until 8am, but stayed until dark. Saw 5 different bucks, none of what I was looking for. Most of the does are still paired up with their fawns. bucks are just walking around in the woods. Not really anything happening yet!
Charlie Alsheimer said it would be a late rut ;).

Same here in NEMO. Except one of my farms is surrounded on all sides by 600ac of standing corn. Sightings are way down. Heat hasn't been helping, nor the non-stop South wind.

I was out pretty much all day, too. Got down around 1:30 when the wind got too West. Changed stands.

I'm going to sit all day tomorrow in MN. Maybe an hour break?

Supposed to be a little cooler, I anticipate some bucks moving.

besides, ragu jar for pee?
I thought that with all of the success with human pee in mock scrapes that the myth of needing a pee bottle was put to rest.
Just let 'er rip and drip.

Active today in MN, saw 4 bucks between 8:30-11:00 am

2 were shooters, but never came across to my property

Did my first ever all day sit today. And didn't see a damn thing :mad:

Did my first ever all day sit today. And didn't see a damn thing :mad:

Just like killing a monster early season during the rain ... you learn ;)

3.5 hours this AM as I'm fidgety. 30 more minutes will max me out. Unless I actually see a deer.