All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

??? About Yates & Myers Royal Limbertwig

Bowsnbucks

5 year old buck +
For anyone with knowledge of either of these 2 apple varieties ........ What's the furthest north either will grow without hassles?? I can't seem to find accurate info on the zones these 2 varieties will tolerate.

Hey Bows, Blue Hill sells Yates and says, "...this tree is thriving well in temperatures down to -25 degrees, making this a solid apple tree into zone 4b."

I can't help with Myers. I just know it does well here in 6B.

Last edited:
I have a couple Yates from Blue Hill that were planted last year and they are doing the best of any other apple that I have.

Even though Yates has a good taste, I consider it more of a deer apple because of the smaller size and being bulletproof. However, I’ve read that it makes great cider.

Yates is a rust magnet at my place. Good chance the rust is a Cedar Hawthorn Rust. Regardless, it is not something I would plant again given how many other much more resistance varieties I have/are available.

Yates been clean in Connecticut . Every area obviously can differ.

Myers Royal says zones 5-10